Gun Rally Atlanta Capitol April 14 EDIT: Permit pulled, no longer a legal rally!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by alnen, Mar 25, 2018.

1. alnen

alnen Active Member

https://m.facebook.com/events/182853385827205?__tn__=*s-R

For those who don't have Facebook or for when Facebook censors this:

https://thenccpa.com/2018/03/18/americans-for-america-rally/

This is happening at (hopefully) every capitol around the nation.

We need to give this our best shot. We're running out of options before we are completely backed into a corner.

April 14th, 2 pm, Atlanta capitol. Be there and bring as many folks as you can.

EDIT: The organizer has noted that open carrying long guns is not suggested. You're grown adults living in a free country, so make your own informed choice on what/how to carry.

Edit:
    Those in charge have pulled the permit for this rally. The organizer states that they were surprised with a nearly $7k bill for gsp to come out and supervise this rally. Please be advised that if you still choose to attend, it will not be "legal" in the eyes of law enforcement. As great as it would have been to share this rally day with the rest of the nation, we will have to revisit this idea and take all of the guesswork out of the equation. We will also need more preparation time and funding. We will be in control of the event, instead of it just being the first person to sign up as an organizer. And when I say we, I mean a group of like-minded individuals, it could be folks from this site or it could be folks from gco, it really doesn't matter. What's important is that we learn from this. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

I will note that this infringement on the first amendment is disturbing. A permit should absolutely not be required for a peaceful protest. That's where we are right now, so maybe we should have a pro first amendment rally as well. If only there was something on writing that would protect our right to free speech and our right to bear arms...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    POPATOP67 and Ken1961 like this.
  2. alnen

alnen Active Member

PS, I posted on this forum because we NEED the views. Few ever visit the events section. Can mods please leave this here?

Ken1961 likes this.

3. Ken1961

Ken1961 Student of the Arcane

I'll be there unless something physically keeps me from it.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Will George and Amal Clooney, Kate Capshaw, and Steven Spielberg be donating $1 million to the march like they did the kids march on Saturday?

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

6. alnen

alnen Active Member

Absolutely not.

7. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

the links dont wirk for me.
    What gun rights group or groups are calling for this?
    Surely its not just something some random dude came up with on his own.

I like that its on a Saturday.
    Only the rich and the welfare class can easily take a half a weekday day off from work to lobby or protest for a political cause.

8. Squid

Squid Gun pecan

I don't do facebook and the main website is pretty lacking on details.

9. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

It seems to me a rally like this is playing the game on the antis' terms. It's a game gun owners do not play well. There will be a paltry showing of a few hundred gun owners compared to the tens of thousands that showed for the pro ban event of this past weekend. In the public consciousness, it will be a loss for our side.

10. alnen

alnen Active Member

Playing on our terms has not been working out very well. I'd say it's less about sheer numbers and more about being a reminder to all that we are here and we are the armed portion of the population.

I also think that the media will down play whatever turn out there is. I can't sit idly by.

11. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

It's a concern for me when the "About" page has far too little information and what is there is not encouraging:

The National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans is a coalition of various Patriotic based group Leadership that has come together to unify our ideals and diligently work together to uphold the Constitution and improve the lives of Americans.

We come from all walks of life, including Three Percent groups and local Militias, in order to unite and tell the Country that it’s time to put America back on track!​

12. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Maybe posting the names of those groups would help out some? Otherwise it just sounds made up to me.

13. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

what we need is a million semi-automatic rifle march on the nation's capital. wouldn't that be exciting! what could possibly go wrong?

14. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

In WDC?

15. alnen

alnen Active Member

You can go ahead and call them what you want to... Assault rifles. It's incorrect, but I can tell that you are chomping at the bit to use the best leftist buzz words.

And I don't think anything at all would go wrong with a group that large. It's the small groups that get picked apart.

16. Scout706

Scout706 Active Member

I’ll be working my 3 part time jobs that day

17. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Of course nothing can go wrong y carrying guns in WDC. After all we would be armed with our Government approved firearms. Of which not many of them are Government approved in WDC. All they would have are their fully automatic assault weapons, Snipers on every roof top and their armored vehicles. They would not dare to pick on a few hundred armed citizens.

How about listing some of those patriotic groups that are a part of this so called coalition.

18. alnen

alnen Active Member

You said MILLION, then you change it to a couple hundred in order to make my very point about safety in numbers? So how much is Soros paying these days? Lol, kidding but I just don't get the logic.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about the names of all the groups that will be there as long as we're there for the same cause. I sent an email to GCO higher ups about it so hopefully they will do some vetting and send out an email to members. I'm going either way, but gov support would be great to have.

19. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Actually I never said anything about million. I was only referring to what could go wrong in WDC with carrying firearms. A couple of hundred or a few hundred thousand or a million fish stuck in a barrel make easy targets.

Your web site boast of a coalition of of patriotic groups. I am interested in knowing which patriotic groups make up this coalition. While you may not be concerned about all of the groups others including myself might be. If this is something you personally are trying to organize I can understand that. I would just like to know who I am supposed to be associated with inside of this coalition. There are some rather unsavory so called "patriotic groups" out there I have no desire to be around or associate with. If you don't want to publish the names of the groups publicly then PM me a complete list. I will keep it confidential and not share it with anyone.

20. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

According to this link:

https://freedomoutpost.com/april-14...lans-second-amendment-rallies-state-capitals/

this "National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans" was founded by a guy named David Clayton from West Virginia in either 2017 or 2018. Never heard of him. I don't see any other individuals listed nor any other groups listed. Nothing comes up on a DDG search except their Facebook page. Not even their website which I got off of FB. A WHOIS search of their domain name shows it was created this month (March 2018 ), its server is in Canada and it's private. No other information is available.

Maybe somebody is playing us?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    GlockGary likes this.