Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sociologist is putting out some interesting stuff.......especially since the latest Pew Research Poll came out.

David Yamane: I am a sociologist. Through study and personal experience, I am trying understand what Michael Bane calls “Gun Culture 2.0.†According to Bane, the formerly dominant Gun Culture 1.0 â€" based in hunting, military, and law enforcement â€" has given way to a new group of individuals (including an increasing number of women) who have gotten into shooting through concealed carry/self-defense and the shooting sports. Is there indeed a new gun culture in America? If so, what does it look like? Answering these questions is my aim.
https://gunculture2point0.wordpress.com/

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recommended alot of ways people can be actively involved in gun culture, and Pew did ask about many of them. I won't report all their results here, there are different levels of engagement with different gun culture media, with TV programs and at the top (39% of gun owners often or sometimes watch) and online discussions forums at the bottom (just 10% of gun owners often or sometimes participate).

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
American
3,289 Posts
Interesting site. This blog renewed my interest in revolvers....

The article in Cape Fear Living is pretty good IMHO. I love the quote: "After their first time shooting, A majority of women say they wish they had done it sooner...."

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Just be careful up there if you go into Stepford Village.

Nemo

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Participate in online discussion forums about guns - 10%
Interesting. Probably accounts for where the majority of gun owners and those in the trade get their information from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts