Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_n...cle_9be06c0a-a3ee-11e7-b4af-23e8a2df6704.html

Residents who want to fight crime without donning law enforcement uniforms can start by getting to know their local police forces better next week.
East Point will be showing a movie about reducing repeat offenses, hosting a gun buy-back event, buying cups of coffee and cheering the Georgia Spartans at a basketball game.
The slate of activity falls during Georgia Community Policing Week, approved by the state House of Representatives in its 2017 session.
The South Fulton Ministerial Coalition will help present a gun buy-back at the city’s police station, 2727 East Point St., Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
Well, it's held on public property. Think the police would kick you off the property if you were there wearing a t-shirt that said, "I will pay more $$$"?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
Ask Phil, he might send you a shirt and shopping list.

Nemo

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don’t see any details of what they’re offering to pay for guns.

Is there anywhere I can look to find some statutes to print out showing that purchasing guns from the people standing in line is perfectly legal. I know it is legal, but it would be nice to have a flyer to show skeptical people.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,697 Posts
I don’t see any details of what they’re offering to pay for guns.

Is there anywhere I can look to find some statutes to print out showing that purchasing guns from the people standing in line is perfectly legal. I know it is legal, but it would be nice to have a flyer to show skeptical people.
The ATF has some good stuff here at this website, but it won't go on one page.

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/unlicensed-persons

Not very many state laws. 16-11-113, No straw purchases law. 16-11-101.1, Selling/providing a firearm to a minor.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
If you see a Colt Python there buy it for me cheap and I'll give you the money for it AND a free t-shirt. ;-)

Ask Phil, he might send you a shirt and shopping list.

Nemo

·
69,784 Posts
Stay away from East Point. It is a place you do not want to be.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Well, it's held on public property. Think the police would kick you off the property if you were there wearing a t-shirt that said, "I will pay more $$$"?
In 30 years in FL and the last 4 here in GA, I've yet to hear of or read about anybody buying or attempting to buy a gun at one of these "buy back" events. I just don't see the cops being open to anybody raining on their parade.

·
69,784 Posts
I just don't see the cops being open to anybody raining on their parade.
And if there is one town where I would never want to fall into the hands of the police "not being open," it's East Point. It's third world in every respect.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In 30 years in FL and the last 4 here in GA, I've yet to hear of or read about anybody buying or attempting to buy a gun at one of these "buy back" events. I just don't see the cops being open to anybody raining on their parade.
What? There was one in Atlanta a couple years ago where guys treated it like a gun show.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Stay away from East Point. It is a place you do not want to be.
I have lived here for over a year now, with my GF that has lived here for 10 years, and it’s actually not that bad. It’s very small town like in the politics and gossip. You just have to be mindful of a few things, like anywhere in town. Don’t leave anything worth stealing in your vehicle, and don’t respond when random people try to talk to you, that’s how they get you.

·
69,784 Posts
I have lived here for over a year now, with my GF that has lived here for 10 years, and it’s actually not that bad. It’s very small town like in the politics and gossip. You just have to be mindful of a few things, like anywhere in town. Don’t leave anything worth stealing in your vehicle, and don’t respond when random people try to talk to you, that’s how they get you.
It sounds like I have more of an inside view than you do . . . stay away from anybody government if you can help it. Run, don't walk.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Correct. Atlanta was called Terminus.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My wife's employer has an office just off of Main St. in East Point. She's been there a handful of times & says that's the one that bothers her the most to go to. That's taking into account their offices on Cascade Rd & Camp Creek. They have 6 offices, 5 of them are in SW Atlanta area.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It sounds like I have more of an inside view than you do . . . stay away from anybody government if you can help it. Run, don't walk.
I haven’t had any dealings with anyone in government yet, but I was told by a friend that works with them on events to never get involved in politics. I’m not the sort that would anyway. I’d make a crappy politician. I’ve never been good at kissing hands and shaking babies.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.