Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apparently the GF thought that while i was stranded in the middle of nowhere AL with a hurt motor would be a good time to tell me she needs space. so whenever i get my car fixed it looks like i'll be looking for a place for me and my 2 dogs to live.

I'll have to see what my budget is, but its not going to be much more then $500 a month. anyone know of a cheap apartment or maybe someone needing to rent some room out to a guy in need??

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jmark said:
It would help if you gave a general area.
atlanta metro, was living in sandy springs and before that buckhead and midtown, just looking for a safe area for me and my dogs

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Suprman said:
apparently the GF thought that while i was stranded in the middle of nowhere AL with a hurt motor would be a good time to tell me she needs space. so whenever i get my car fixed it looks like i'll be looking for a place for me and my 2 dogs to live.
I'll have to see what my budget is, but its not going to be much more then $500 a month. anyone know of a cheap apartment or maybe someone needing to rent some room out to a guy in need??
Sorry about your misfortune...been there, had that done to me.
"needs space" is translated as...."I have been planning on dumping you for a while, so now you're dumped and I have a more exciting, charming, and aware, person taking your place". Oh yea, you can also add that trite line of..."I still love you but I'm not in love WITH you"
It's a bummer and they always surprise you with it at the most financially distressed moments.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
You may try contacting Scottsman. IIRC, he posted a Facebook a week or two ago that he was looking for a room to rent or a room mate to share a place with.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,109 Posts
I've had good luck with Craigslist. I have tenants at my house that I found through ads I placed there. Many say "no pets" but some are dog-friendly.
With the economy in the crapper, a lot of people with nice homes in nice subdivisons are willing to take in a roommate for $400 or $500 a month, so that when they write that check to the mortgage company each month, it hurts less. It's like getting half or 1/3 off your mortgage payment.
When the economy recovers, the number of "quality" homes with rooms for rent will be low, and its the sleazy neighborhoods and run-down homes that will most often be available to renters.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ha, I'm on the longer term effects of that crap. I got the message (from her brother) while I was in africa. Living at my parents place for the last few months and I'm about to go crazy. Eh, at least I have some cash saved up, and one less person to keep me from being happy. she also gave away our dog while I was gone. At least you still have yours.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scotsman said:
she also gave away our dog while I was gone. At least you still have yours.
yeah that wouldn't fly with me, i would sue her doctor father for all he had if that happened. my dogs are like my children!

thanks for all the comments guys, its helps alot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts