Gub'mint Incompetence, Round III

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by asbrand, Oct 20, 2007.

1. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Well...here we go with Round III of the most incompetent department of the US Gub'mint I've ever had to deal with...

Part II is here: http://asbrand.livejournal.com/233667.html

Part I is here: http://asbrand.livejournal.com/231344.html

Today (Saturday, October 20th, 2007) we received our THIRD rejection notice for Zhenya & Dasha's immigration paperwork.

Reason? Same as the previous 2 times. No, I am not kidding... These jokers *AGAIN* rejected them for not paying the new fees, AND are continuing to consider Dasha (who is 6) as an adult. Even though this last time, they claimed they knew there were lots of rejections for no reason, and they setup a special department with a new mailing address to fix these issues...they didn't bother to read a BIT of the paperwork, and summarily rejected it again for not paying the outrageous new fees. Even though we originally had them in 5 days before the deadline for the old fees to still be good.

We got plenty of donations, so we actually have the money. Thankfully. Still, I am going to be writing our Congressman and seeing if he can do anything about this.

I am absolutely flabberghasted that these morons are in a position to ruin people's lives, and seemingly don't give a rat's arse.

If I weren't such a law-abiding citizen, I'd be taking a trip to Chicago with a baseball bat to 'splain it to 'em...

I am thoroughly disgusted.

2. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Sorry to hear it man. So I take it you haven't contacted a congressmen yet? I would definatly do that asap.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Frustrating!

How can they reject you for paying the new fees when you sent them the new fees? Am I missing something?

Age 6 is hardly an adult... These are probably the same type of people who would make a 17 year old criminal a "child" to avoid the necessary punishment.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

4. merlock

merlock Active Member

:evil:

Just fracking remarkable.

:evil:

5. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

He mailed the original lower amount prior to the new fee's being implemented. They recived the application 5 days prior to the new fees being inplace. But they didn't process the paper work till after the new fee date, thus rejecting his paper work due to not being the new proper amount.

A bunch of BS

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, that was the first (or second) time. I'm talking about this third time. The same one donations were taken for.

But yea, I agree. BS either way.

7. Claire

Claire New Member

The whole thing sounds crazy to me :evil:

Hope it works out for you soon

8. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

That sucks, man! I hope they get their heads out of their arse's and do right for you. We're pullin' for ya bud!

9. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I thought he never sent in the new amount. I thought he was appealing it. I guess Ashbrand will have to clear that up.

10. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

So if you come here illegally, the guv'mint wants to give you amnesty. But if you do it the legal way, as our buddy Asbrand is trying to do, they turn you away?

That is f'd up!! :shock:

And to think that some people want me to trust the same government with handling my healthcare plan, retirement plan, etc, etc, etc. No thanks. [-(

11. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

That is what I am saying. I can't believe people actually consider it. I am suprised that Hilary hasn't been laughted off Capital Hill. Wait... maybe i'm not suprised. :roll:

12. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Sorry for any confusion folks.

Yes, after we collected donations, we had an appointment with the local USCIS office. They called the Chicago office which processes the paperwork and found that they knew about several such screwups, and that they should have accepted the original lower fees. They had opened a new special group to fix these problems.

We were told to mail our paperwork with the original lower fee to this special group and they would take care of it. So, we did. And, they just rejected it again...for the same original reason. Including claiming the 6 year old is an adult.

So the "special group" are just as incompetent as the normal ones. What was the point of it all?

Since we have the donations, we can send in the newer fees now...but had been told we didn't have to. Also, I'm concerned that they keep claiming the child is an adult, since she obviously isn't, and while they will likely take the adult fee for her, when it comes to the in-person interview, that person will reject her because she is NOT an adult which we paid for.

Hence, why my next step is to go via my congressman.

...though, the idea with the baseball bat does have the potential for more personal satisfaction... :?

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

To justify the jobs of a few more gov't peons/cogs in the wheel.

:shock:

14. merlock

merlock Active Member

I've heard from another SCA member that your rattan sticks can be just as effective. :)

15. M249

M249 New Member

All you need to do is fly them to Mexico, and have them swim across the Rio Grande.

I guarantee that the gub'ment will stop looking for them after that.

:wink:

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Sad, but true.

17. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

...followup on this...

Seems I jumped the gun a wee bit on claiming exactly how stupid the people at the USCIS are.

Going through the rejected documents, I see in the back that they included a letter explaining how they were correct to reject.

The reason?

Small problem here guys...you apparently are incapable of addition.

Because, according to the I-485 form...it states, QUITE clearly...

Now, I realize I was taught math in a public school...but according to my calculations... $315, plus $215, plus $70 equals $600.

Why can't these people follow their own rules, paperwork, and stuff...without being such blathering idiots...?

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:evil: You'll get there eventually! Talked to your Congressman yet?

19. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Just put the form and relevant documents into the mail this morning.

Hope he can help.

:?

20. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

:shock: Wow! AZ, thought this was worked out weeks ago. Got to be frustrating as hell. I wish you luck man.