GSU security guard shoots himself

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Adam5, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Done.

2. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

It just went off?

Adam5 likes this.
  3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Some security guards are complete dumbasses. They'd be flipping hamburgers mopping floors if they didn't land a security job first.

So I assume this guard, who is not an armed guard and had never been trained in firearms safety, just bought himself a gun, loaded it, carried it fully cocked (for quicker deployment) in his bag. Carried loose, no holster, on a model of gun that doesn't have any trigger guard either.

Dumbass.

4. gunsmoker

D6A1CB90-C65F-4757-8CA0-9874209FBACD.jpeg

I assume the "double barreled 45 caliber pistol" as mentioned in the article was actually one of these: a single action, exposed hammer derringer with no trigger guard.

5. gunsmoker

And I doubt that the derringer discharge twice, sending two bullets into the guard's leg. That's what the news article said (two gunshot wounds) but I think it's far more likely the Derringer only went off once and the single bullet created one entrance wound and one exit wound.

(I also question whether responding officers actually used a tourniquet
    on the guard's leg or whether they just used his belt for direct compression to stop the bleeding.

Not all tight compression of a wound is a "tourniquet" which is supposed to shut off all the blood flow to that entire limb.)

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That’s what I’m thinking.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

8. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

He faces a disciplinary hearing? What about criminal charges? No mention if he has a GWL. Not sure the University has the authority to discipline him. Should be an interesting case.

Two wounds: Not unusual for a bullet to fragment on impact and cause what appears to be two entrance wounds. I have a murder case right now where that happened.