Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Atlanta Overwatch
14,401 Posts
I just sent in my registration for Ft. Benning, and will more than likely be going to Anderson too. I went to Conyers last Fall with ,y G17 (3 weeks old at the time) and had a blast. I can't pass up the do it again when there's a close match.

Who shows horses? My little girl does combined training and eventing.

· Atlanta Overwatch
14,401 Posts
glockgirl said:
Of course I tend to be highly competive so I really don't need another event to try.....
Sounds alot like Lexxy (my 10yr old daughter). She's currently training for tetrathlon competion. The tetrathlon is a combination of show jumping, a 500 meter run, a 50 meter swim, and air pistols at 10 meters.

It make me proud to see that 80lb 10yr old girl control that 1300lb Thoroughbred/Quarter horse cross(He's 16 hands 2"), and do good at her dressage, cross country, and take him over 2' 9" fences (she's practicing at 3' 3", but shows at 2' 9").

If you have a chance to go to one of the GSSF mathces be sure to bring ammo. After you see it, you'll want to compete. I'm looking foward to exacting some revenge on the plate rack. At Conyers, the plate rack killed my score. I guess that what happens when you use a new pistol that you've only shot twice, and that you haven't shot after having a trigger job done and new sights installed. I plan on doing alot better at Ft Benning and even better at Anderson.

· Atlanta Overwatch
14,401 Posts
glockgirl said:
I love watching the tetrathlons! I can't run worth a darn but it does look like fun.

I probably should leave the ammo at home so I don't embrass myself...
Trust me, you can't do any worse that I did at Conyers. MY score started with a 3, and I wasn't in the 30 second range. :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.