GSSF Annual Shoot XVII- Conyers, GA

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by jdh31313, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

2. yrualeg

yrualeg Member

Thanks for the information....I may need to drive on over to Namby, Pamby Land to meet the Gunny.

3. Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams New Member

4. DKing

DKing New Member

Well I don't know if this is the BEST place to post this review, but I know gunsmoker won't delete it so here goes!

I spent the morning at the GSSF shoot. It got pretty hot in the afternoon and we headed out about 12:30. I have to admit it is nice to have a shoot that takes only about 2 hours to do and uses only 100 rounds. It made it possible to do things higher round count games can't. I also like the fact everyone uses the same gun (more or less more on that later). It makes it an even playing field with less gaming.

I am hoping to win something in the random category. My shooting was absolutely abysmal today. Mix together a gun I had never shot before, a system I have only run about 50 rounds through in my life (Whoa! Where's that front sight! oh there it is...) and I got expected results. But, I am also entered to win in another drawing, because I brought a "new GSSF member". With enough pushing prodding and pleading, I got Malum Prohibitum to come shoot with me.

Now, I've never seen a man with more excuses on why he couldn't come shoot. He didn't have enough ammo, he wasn't a gssf member, his gun was too small, BUT I got him out there anyway; and he shot WELL! He and I both brought 10mm (my 50 cal conversion isn't in yet) and it was a blast. I had people coming up to me and thanking me for letting them see the fireworks display that came out of my gun. I personally never notice the flame that appears out of a 10mm. :shattered: They really should put the magnum calibers in a different category than the 9mm, because they are more difficult to shoot...

It was really nice meeting so many people. I got a real kick out of a GCO member who introduced himself to me and then told Malum his "voice sounds awfully familiar". :lol:

The facilities were awesome as well. They had an air conditioned building with a restroom and a big TV. My wife and son were able to be comfortable without having to leave and come back to pick me up when I was done. Made for a nice day spent together.

Malum even came with us to CJ's hotdogs after we were done shooting. I got him to eat a big dawg. Maybe he'll try the big dawg challenge next time.

All in all it was a relaxing and enjoyable day.

5. dmaynor

dmaynor New Member

I shot like crap on the plates and the 5 staggered targets. I was using a Glock 22. It seemed like 90% of shooters have a Glock 17. I am going back tomorrow and will use a Glock 35 and a Glock 20.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Now DKing's reputation for honesty is going to go away.

I was there when a person thanked him for the fireworks show, though. He said the flames started a foot away from the muzzle. I had another competitor come up to me after a stage and ask, "What model is that?"

"29," I replied.

"Oh, 10 millimeter. That explains it," he said, tapping his right earplug. "I thought maybe these things had stopped working!" :D

Those of you who know I have lost 25 pounds over the last year know I do not eat stuff like that, so DKing must be making it up . . . :lol:

7. DKing

DKing New Member

Yea... I wonder why. Good luck with the 20! Try using some of Malum's powder puff cartridges. Mine stung...

8. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

That was me DKing. I added 6 misses to Ed's Score for u. Thanks for the 50 bucks. Nice to meet both of u today. Thanks for shooting in bay three. I had a great time working the GSSF match today.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Enjoyed meeting you, freeman101. I had a lot of fun there. When do they post the scores? I want to make sure I beat that 10 year old girl that R. Lee Ermey was interviewing for the camera.

10. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

11. 9x19 shooter

9x19 shooter New Member

Scores are normally posted 1-2 days after the match, they will not have prizes listed yet. Final scores with prize listings are posted about 30 days after the match to give folks a chance to contact GSSF with any scoring errors if you kept your copy of the score sheet. This year looks to be the biggest match in GSSF history ever, so score may not be out Monday/Tuesday like "normal."

Next close by match is in Feb at Griffin Gun Club. Come on out again!

12. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

There were 748 entries total for two days. Glock record. They had 122 left to enter when we left the club house around 5o’clock. Not sure when they will post them should not be long.

13. 9x19 shooter

9x19 shooter New Member

Looks like I'm a liar, scores are up now. 748 entries, not too bad.

14. Malum Prohibitum

:oops: Somebody please take them down again! :lol:

15. Malum Prohibitum

My fastest time on the Glock Plates was 7.14 seconds (and that is the only time I should post . . .), and some guy did three runs through the Glock Plates with a TOTAL COMBINED time of 10.77 seconds.

I have a sinking feeling I am not going to get any $200 Million endorsement deals out of this. :lol:

16. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

:oops: Somebody please take them down again! :lol:[/quote:1oqmhqct]

I agree...I have a lot of work to do before Griffin in February

17. DKing

DKing New Member

Looks like MP was in the top 20%

18. Malum Prohibitum

Uh, no. Not hardly. Bottom 26%, and that is only counting the other people shooting subcompacts.

You see, the scores work the other way. Higher scores are worse, lower scores are better, since they reflect the time.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Hey, Legacy was there shooting a subcompact, too!

His score is actually something to brag about . . .