Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATLANTA -- Last summer, Atlanta police arrested Vance Perry Jr. on charges that he was carrying a weapon without a permit.
The father of two told Channel 2 Action News reporter Mike Petchenik that he bought the gun from a friend and was carrying it for protection because he lives in a “rough neighborhood.â€
“I have a right to protect myself and my family,†he said.
This week, the Fulton County District Attorney’s office dropped the case against Perry because of a July 2010 revision to the state’s gun laws, that allows non-felons to carry weapons without a valid permit on their own property. This legislative session, one gun rights organization wants lawmakers to pull the trigger on even more liberties for gun owners.

More at the link

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26027342/detail.html

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Was it illegal to carry on your own property without a GFL prior to SB 308?

The "group" mentioned in the article was discussed in a thread here a few weeks back where they had started soliciting for donations and asking folks to sign a petition before the petition was even available to read.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
mb90535im said:
Was it illegal to carry on your own property with out a GFL prior to SB 308?

The "group" mentioned in the article was discussed in a thread here a few weeks back where they had started soliciting for donations and asking folks to sign a petition before the petition was even available to read.
yes it was...

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Once again another story about the new "group." Once again without a figurehead or member of the "group" to interview.

·
Registered
535 Posts
“I think it takes us back to the Wild West,†said Wes Gordon of Marietta. “I don’t condone it.â€
it wouldn't be a news story without a Wild West quote, now would it?

“I wouldn’t be in favor of allowing anyone and everyone to have a gun,†said Khadijah Abe.
I'm not in favor of free speech for morons either, but they still have the right.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Again I'm reminded why I stopped watching or reading the local news. When you actually take time to research any of their stories, it just reeks of their agenda.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
Taurus92 said:
Again I'm reminded why I stopped watching or reading the local news. When you actually take time to research any of their stories, it just reeks of their agenda.
I remember some years back when Wes Sarginson was on channel 11. There was a story about a shooting involving a .40 cal pistol. At the end of the story Wes piped up with a totally irrelevant quip about the .40 having 180 grain bullets, and said something about how heavy they were, as if to imply that particular weight of a bullet was a super deadly killer. For one thing .45's were carried by some police dept's at that time with 230 grain bullets. And .40 cal rounds were available at 135 grains. He was just trying to impress people with his "knowledge", as well as trying to use that "knowledge" to make the point that the .40 cal was evil incarnate.

He merely showed that he was a fool just like the other communist leftist in media do every single day.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have heard mention of this "group" before. What is their deal? The website wants you to "sign" a petition, but I find no petition anywhere on the website. They ask for contibutions, but for what? Sounds kind of shady to me. Who runs the organization?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
ballcoach16 said:
I have heard mention of this "group" before. What is their deal? The website wants you to "sign" a petition, but I find no petition anywhere on the website. They ask for contibutions, but for what? Sounds kind of shady to me. Who runs the organization?
WSB! - just kidding. They do seem to quote them when it fits their desires. They seem to be a bit of a mystery group.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
RIA45 said:
seereus said:
Can someone post a little snipit? I'm blocked at work, and very curious.

I'm also curious if we (I) shouldn't contact the reporter and discuss GGO. They seem to be putting a lot of weight behind a non-existent group.
..............There are countless ways that you can help communicate the message to the public that you and I believe in: liberty for gun owners in Georgia.

With your help, our message of liberty can reach, activate, and mobilize individuals across Georgia who may never have received any communication from Georgia Gun Owners.

I know that there are many of you that live in small towns and communities where “everybody knows everybody.†If you know the newspaper man or someone down at the local radio station, you can help by arranging a newspaper Op-Ed or media interview...........

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Mr_Z said:
“I think it takes us back to the Wild West,†said Wes Gordon of Marietta. “I don’t condone it.â€
I think the riposte for that needs to be:

"It wasn't wild because people carried guns. People carried guns because it was wild."

·
16,485 Posts
Montieth said:
Mr_Z said:

"It wasn't wild because people carried guns. People carried guns because it was wild."
I agree with Wes Gordon. It was definitely the low point of Will Smith's career.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Montieth said:
Mr_Z said:

The "Wild West" was a whole lot safer than most parts of Atlanta.
Despite, or more likely, because everybody and his mule owned a gun.

Historian W. Eugene Hollon (1974) observes that "the Western frontier was a far more civilized, more peaceful, and safer place than American society is today"
-- Guns in American Society - Gregg Lee Carter

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hickok

...and another
Hickok's reputation as a gunfighter began when he killed David Tutt in the public square of Springfield on 21st July, 1865. The two men had quarrelled over cards and decided to have a gunfight. At 6pm Hickok and Tutt arranged to walk towards each other. When they were about 50 yards apart both men drew his gun. Tutt fired first but missed. Hickok's shot hit Tutt in the heart. This was the first recorded example of two men taking part in a quick-draw duel. The following month Hickok was acquitted after pleading self-defence.
On 2nd August, 1876, Wild Bill Hickok was playing cards in Deadwood. Jack McCall, seeking revenge for the death of his brother, shot Hickok in the back of the head. At the time of his death, Hickok was holding a pair of black aces and a pair of eights, and this became known as "A Dead Man's Hand".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts