Grocery store

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by Neo, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Neo

Neo Member

Hi guys and gals hope everyone is doing well. Been bugging me today not really sure why but thought i would lay it out. Me and my mom who rides a cart was sampling a few pieces of cheese at kroger when i hear my buggy move and i turned around quick because iv'e actually had my buggy stolen before lol. I'm 6ft3 and now 195 pnds since my back operation at the end of oct but i turn around and this "hardass" about 6'8 or so right up beside me with a bandana and dark shades weighing about 280 so kinda caught me by surprise being i'm use to kind of looking down a bit at folks but i'm one of the nicest guys out there and avoid trouble at all cost. I carry everywhere i go unless there a sign like my mothers doctor office so i'll just wait in my truck. So i'm human and do get pissed at people doing dumb things like cutting me off while driving ect,i'm human. Well i took martial arts so i know how to fight if needed so never worried about anyone's size but with healing and wearing a back brace i feel helpless. I didn't say anything nor did he but i found myself starring at him a good bit telling myself let it go. I'm just curious if the guy did all that to really get a piece of cheese or because he seen my weapon and wanted to start some trouble. Well i don't know and i know nobody else will know. Well it bites my ass thinking about so figure i'd post about it. I guess bottom line is you never know what another person is thinking. Besides even if my back was fine,i still wouldn't have said anything because i'm just that kind of person who avoids trouble the best i can,crazy times we are in. Just somewhere in there it kinda makes me feel like less of a man for not saying anything but at the same time i was trained not to say anything. Anyway sorry for the book i just wrote and not having an editor.

2. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Wow.

I'm glad you survived that encounter.

Last night, we were eating at Chick-Fil-A. There were 3 older people at a table across from us. They were talking too loud. Probably because they were getting old and losing their hearing. They weren't using any offensive words, but I found it rather annoying that people had to talk loud while I was trying to enjoy my supper in peace and quiet. I even stared at them once, but they didn't seem to get the message.

:mrgreen:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Archangel likes this.

3. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Cheese and guns. Volatile combination.

MSgt G likes this.
  4. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Paragraphs are good, too.

MSgt G and Scout706 like this.
  5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I read the post and have no clue exactly what happened. His cart moved? He did not beat this 6'8" gorilla of a man because of a back brace and recovering from back surgery? And he was carrying a gun . . . and I am not sure, might shoot him?

OP, did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, your cart was in the way of this guy just wanting to buy a block of cheese?

I mean, you and your momma are there obstructing access to the dairy section with your momma riding a scooter and you pushing a shopping cart, too, and you are completely oblivious to your surroundings since this Goliath of a man snuck up on you unawares . . . he just wanted some cheese. You probably blocked lots of other shoppers all over the store during your visit.

It sounds to me like you should have apologized for blocking his way, not considered whether to offer personal violence. It makes me glad you were in a back brace, so as to prevent you from starting something.

Wow. Just wow.

AtlPhilip, TimBob and Archangel like this.
  6. Malum Prohibitum

:rotfl2:

Bkite likes this.
  7. Glockenator

I read it (2 or 3 times), to try to figure out what I was missing. Maybe the OP left out some relative facts, like things the other guy said, or intimidating body language, or something. Just being huge and wearing a bandana aren't really intimidating actions.

So, in post #2, I offered a tongue-in-cheek "similar story", trying to draw the OP into offering other information that might help in a discussion of this scenario. :mrgreen:

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

What type of cheese?

9. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

While it may not been expressed correctly, it seems to me the OP felt that the somebody was trying to intimidate him because he was carrying.

That may or may not have been and whether there was bias to feel that way or not I do not know.

10. Malum Prohibitum

It's obvious he was intimidated. I just do not see any evidence that the intimidation was the result of anything the other man had done, other then have genetics to be large, which he cannot help.

It is also rather obvious that the OP and his mother were blocking other shoppers' access to grocery items, and that the OP was offended that this large man dared to move his shopping cart to gain access to the cheese he wanted to buy.

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Not to fault the OP (as far as I can tell he did nothing wrong), but shopping cart rage is a natural progression from road rage.

People in general are getting more hostile towards each other these days.

And y'all sure are doing your part to help Neo develop a thick skin with all the razzing. :)

12. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Truthfully, I had trouble following what he was saying. Not intended as an insult.

13. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Do people really actually still go to the grocery store?

We just plug in what we need and/or want in the app and it shows up.

14. moe mensale

Shopping cart rage is a prelude to road rage.

15. Glockenator

That's probably more the case. Think about it: You just got all torqued because of all of the Walmartians being, well, Walmartians. They are a special breed. You leave the store, agitated by those idiots. Then, pushing the same cart to your vehicle, you have to dodge yet another idiot driving the wrong way down a one-way parking lot aisle. Then, you see a cart left between parking spaces by some self-centered asshat, poised to roll into your vehicle at the slightest breeze. Then, as you are carefully backing out of your parking space, some asshat comes flying down the parking lot aisle and almost hits you. It's dark and drizzling now. Then, as you go to leave the parking lot, you pull out in front of some complete moron, because you didn't see that person's car, because that person hadn't turned on the headlights. As that idiot skids up behind your bumper, blaring on the horn, you give the proper and very fitting wave. And then...............

See - it all started with the initial shopping cart rage (because of obliviots). :mrgreen:

16. moe mensale

Sounds like the plot for a B movie. Or a C or a D! :lol:

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yes, people go or just app it. And meat is actually grown in the cutting room behind the glass. Unless its walmart. Then its grown in the big hydroponic building back at the shipping facility.

Nemo

18. Glockenator

I was just razzing on the OP, and hope we didn't run him off from the site. This is a good place to discuss laws and carry situations.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Member

I had to go to walmart to get a tool that I needed to get my tailgate open so that I could repair the handle. While I was standing in the very long line to check out the woman behind me pressed her cart against my butt. Is that sexual assault? #me too! :3hat: :yum: :rotfl2:

20. janedoedad

janedoedad Liver Abuser

There's this called online ordering.... :p