Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Glock 19 that won't eject some modern hollowpoints when trying to unload a live round. Assuming I take it slow and manage heat, is there any reason I can't grind an old barrel to match the hood profile of a new barrel?

Old:

New:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Why even play with it. Drop it off at Glock let them do the rework. I'll put money on it not costing you a dime, only about 1/2hr of your time sitting there waiting for your (free) new barrel.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
galvatron said:
Why even play with it. Drop it off at Glock let them do the rework. I'll put money on it not costing you a dime, only about 1/2hr of your time sitting there waiting for your (free) new barrel.
They offered to sell me a new barrel for $125. I'm still considering that option; but I like the idea of a numbers-matching gun that also works with the ammo I use.

·
Registered
839 Posts
ChipM said:
They offered to sell me a new barrel for $125. I'm still considering that option.
If you are willing to risk current barrel and buy a new one, AND have proper tools to do so....maybe. I just don't like the idea of "barrel" and "grinding" in the same sentence....

I've personally killed a slide of a SA Champion with a file....the slide and barrel was worn out anyway..... Now I have to buy a slide. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
7,126 Posts
Got pics of the barrel after the regrind?

Enquiring minds want to know!

:wink:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Archangel said:
Got pics of the barrel after the regrind?

Enquiring minds want to know!

:wink:
I shot it this week, and it shoots fine.
Before and After:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
"Perfection" yeah, I laugh.

Nice job you did. :righton: A buff and polish of the ramp and chamber helps also.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Attaboy.
I like it when people try things for themselves.
Way too much "you'll kill yourself" opinion around.

I've been looking around for a home dentistry book but can't find one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts