Greetings from Fulton Co.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by moga, Jun 10, 2007.

1. moga

moga New Member

I've lurked around GPO since last year, after it became obvious that some day soon I'd live and work in GA. The move is finally behind me, so I expect to see lots more of you all in the coming days and weeks.

I am sooo glad to be in free america after many years behind enemy lines in DPRM :)

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:welcome:

Welcome to GPDO !!!

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO and free soil moga!

If you are interested, we are having a meet/eat/shoot on the 16th of this month. So, if you have the free time and feel like making the drive, we'd be glad to have you.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a Mass. firearms license?

Are you applying in Fulton County? The record there for turnarond time is 2.5 years.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You're gonna scare him off. :p

7. moga

moga New Member

Glad to be here....

Thanks for the very warm welcome all. Ramm, I may not be able to make the 6/16 gathering due to short notice, but barring some extenuating circumstance, I will be in attendance for the next meeting.

MP, I have a MA LTC (for now) and a FL CWP. Of course, my MA LTC will be invalidated when I send in a change of address to MA State Police.

Guys, question: where is the easiest place for me to reach for firearm accessories? I'm located just outside of Atlanta, near the CDC and Emory. Thinking of making a trip up to Hot Shots to shoot a few pistols I'm considering for purchase, but do I have to leave ATL proper for mags, holsters, ammo, cleaning supplies, etc?

In MA, nothing firearm related can be purchased unless it's in a "gun shop." What I'd like to hear is that I can go into a chain sporting store to get these items as many other Americans are able to do. Any luck??

Oh yeah, I can't wait to join GCO. You boys, along with Buckeye Firearms Assoc and VCDL, make those of us behind the iron curtain very, very proud. The state organization that purports to lobby for the Bay State is truly a joke. I am enthusiastic about belonging to an organization that effectively works at the grassroots level with conviction and great momentum to help common people exercise their 2A rights. Keep up the good work; meanwhile I'll do what I can to help.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Glad to be here....

Walmart to guns stores and everything in between.

That's all you had to say! :D

:woohoo:

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I thought when you moved state-to-state you had to change your permit when you changed residency. In-state moves don't need address changes until expiration.

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

What Ramm said!

Welcome. I tend to agree with GAgunowner about just "forgetting" to send that info to Mass, what with the move and all, it just slipped your mind... At least until you receive your GLF from Pinkie and her fast-working minions.

11. moga

moga New Member

Failure to notify issuing licensing authority of a change in address can and will result in the permanent ban on the issuance of a LTC in the future. Which wouldn't be a big problem, except that I plan on applying for a NR LTC to carry on when visiting friends in Boston. For this reason, I endeavor to avoid making any trouble for myself with the MSP.

In BOSTON, if a licensee finds themself in a situation where a BPD officer requires your LTC, best believe they'll run the license number through the system six ways to sunday. Once I surrender my MA operator's license for a GA issue, I think MA is appraised of the change in status, which would immediately invaliate my LTC.

In which case I'd be heading down to BPD headquarters to stay overnight in the grey bar hotel as a gun offender :shock:.