Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nor-saving-lives-afghanistan/?test=latestnews

"He essentially stayed in the kill zone to keep control of the situation and allowed everybody else to get out of the kill zone and basically gave them a chance to reorganize and regroup," he said.
He died holding his rifle, firing until it ran out of ammunition. He had thrown his last grenade and fought for 25 minutes after having been shot twice in the shoulder and ribs.
"I would see him go to another place, attack that area, attack another area, attack another area. I can honestly say, if he wouldn't have done that, we probably would have gotten flanked and a lot more people would have died," he said.
Members of his unit said there were so many bullets hitting the ground around him that the dust kicked up made him invisible, but he kept firing until the end.
This is the type of guy who I would always want at my side. I am amazed that he was able to make Special Forces at the age of 24. RIP. This is what the Spartans would call "A beautiful death".

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Wow! :shock: That guy is a true hero. I know that word gets thrown out a lot lately, but geeze man. If there has ever been a hero, that is one of them.

You're right about the Spartan's "beautiful death." :spartan: That guy was a real warrior.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
"Do not grieve that such men die. Instead rejoice that they lived at all."

And don't call him a hero. That's an insult to man like that. Call him a SOLDIER...

·
Registered
846 Posts
It's a shame the family of this Hero must receive the award from a man who hates the country this brave soldier served so well.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The MOH is a reflection on who this soldier was. Who the president is or is not does not in any way diminish how this soldier will be remembered or the honor bestowed upon his family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts