Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nysun.com/pf.php?id=38864

Of the 15 dealers contacted by The New York Sun, three said they were suing, two had already settled, and another said he was close to settling; two more said they were going to contest the suit, and six had no comment or said they were undecided.

·
69,743 Posts
Seen over at packing.org.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!

It looks like Bloomberg's people are now subscribers to VCDL.org's VA-ALERT list which recently warned at http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.s ... 11&FILTER= that Virginia's largest pro-gun group, The Virginia Citizens Defense League, plans to organize a boycott of any VA gun dealer who "settles" with Mayor Bloomberg in response to Bloomberg's harassment of gun dealers with so called "investigations."

VCDL.org President Philip Van Cleave wrote: "If the terms of the "Bloomy" agreement that New York Mayor Bloomberg is trying to force on gun dealers targeted by his recent 'sting' operation are as egregious as we think they are, and any Virginia gun store signs such an agreement with Bloomberg, VCDL will consider a boycott of that gun dealer."

See full story at "City suit fires up Va. pro-gun set," BY DAVID SALTONSTALL, New York Daily News, 1 September 2006, http://www.nydailynews.com/09-01-2006/n ... 7565c.html

SNIP

Virginia's largest pro-gun lobby yesterday threatened to boycott any gun shop there that settles a lawsuit with Bloomberg, who in May sued 15 gun shop owners in five states for allegedly selling firearms to illegal buyers.

Last month, two Georgia gun stores settled, agreeing to have their sales monitored by videotape and even a city-funded "special master" - raising concern among gun groups that other targeted shops could soon follow.

"Unless any future deal is dramatically different from the ones in Georgia, then yeah, we will boycott," vowed Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Civil Defense League, the state's largest pro-gun group.

"It's unreasonable scrutiny, and Bloomberg has really raised hackles."

. . .

For us, the goal is to have people to play by the rules," said John Feinblatt, Bloomberg criminal justice coordinator. "It's unfortunate that anyone would have as their goal driving people out of business." . . .

·
69,743 Posts
The President of VCDL's response:
The reporter left out lots of other stuff...
I told him that Bloomberg was nothing more than a rich politician who was trying to get the light off his own failure to control criminals and try to point the light on other states as the real problem.

I said that if Bloomberg what lock up his criminals, the gun running business would dry up over night. It's NY criminals, NOT guns, that are the problem, I told him.

Finally I said that VCDL was going to encourage its members to purchase their guns from the 4 dealers Bloomberg is blackmailing. We want to help the dealers financially. Funny, that didn't make it into his article. He seemed a little stunned when I told him that.

Anyway, if they sign on with Bloomy's agreement, then we swing into full boycott mode.
Philip Van Cleave, President, VCDL

·
69,743 Posts
"I know it's Sunday," Bloomberg said, "but the First Amendment does not give anyone the right to pray illegally."

:wink:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5 Stores have now settled out of court

Cole's Gun Shop, South Boston, Va.
Big Tom's Pawn Shop, Savannah, Ga.
Dunkelberger's Sports Outfitters, Stroudsburg, Pa.
A-1 Jewelry and Pawn, Inc., Augusta, Ga.
AAA Gun & Pawn Brokers, Hephzibah, Ga.

·
69,743 Posts
It appears that some people in NY are willing to stand up for their rights.

NY: New Yorkers rally for 'illegal' guns

Protesters carried giant-size cutouts of guns as they rallied yesterday in New York City in support of the constitutional right to bear arms, which, they say, Mayor Michael Bloomberg is trying to destroy.

"He's attacking our gun rights under the guise of attacking illegal guns and crime," Nic Leobold, an organizer for the event held outside the gates of City Hall in downtown Manhattan, told WND.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=52146

1 - 10 of 10 Posts