Great deal on belts

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by corey541, Sep 26, 2010.

1. corey541

corey541 New Member

2. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

You and me both brother.
    :lol: :lol:

3. corey541

corey541 New Member

I'm thinking about getting 2 to put together :D

4. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Just a head's up on those belts, they are pretty stiff due to a white plastic insert sandwiched between two pieces of thin leather veneer. The edge of the belt is coated with something that I would liken to brown/black latex paint... and as such it scratches off fairly easily (exposing the bright white plastic) particularly if you are using a holster with plastic clips. You can touch it up with a sharpie so it isn't so obvious, but there's a reason the belts are so cheap.

5. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Others, same deal, slightly different look.
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactica ... seout.html
    And in basket weave for $2 more.
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tabalebe.html

I second HydroAuto's evaluation and add a few things.
    1. The backing is leather-like. Looks and feels more like this material but seems durable.
    2. The color is entirely from a paint over a natural leather veneer. The color does not share the same durability as the rest f the belt.
    3. The screws and buckle are heavy enough to withstand a decent amount of abuse.

Overall, the one I wear daily has been worth well more than I paid for it (came free with pants) and it gets the job done, but it isn't the same quality as some of the custom made belts people brag about here.

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Yeah, I paid $12 for mine (no pants), and am still wearing it regularly, but I also hit it with a sharpie & shoe polish regularly. I think I'm pretty close to getting my money's worth out of it. If they had my size, I'd probably get a couple at $3 for sure.