Georgia Packing banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the low-down guys. It looks to me like 5.11 bought a couple of Wilderness 5 stitch's when they did their research. The only difference may be the lower profile buckle on the 5.11 version.

·
16,485 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I went ahead and ordered the dual layered bullhide from Beltman this morning and will order the Wilderness 5 stitch as well from Milt Sparks. Thanks

The worst part of ordering belts is MEASURING just HOW BIG you need it! :lol:

PS: SHUT UP, BUDDER!!!! =; [-X
I wasn't going to say anything :ninja:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
budder said:
Bulldawg182 said:
I went ahead and ordered the dual layered bullhide from Beltman this morning and will order the Wilderness 5 stitch as well from Milt Sparks. Thanks

I will, jesus christ how many omar the tent makers is it going to take to sew them things?

·
16,485 Posts
Firearmz said:
budder said:
Bulldawg182 said:

I will, jesus christ how many omar the tent makers is it going to take to sew them things?
Ken came up with that on his own: I had no part in it! :avoidblame:

·
Romans 10:13
4,611 Posts
I wonder if anyone could make the leather T-I-E?

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
OK - I need a belt. I see the previous recs and am leaning toward The Beltman right now. Not sure between Bullhide and Horsehide. It says the Horsehide is stiffer.

Does anyone have new thoughts/experiences/recs for belts since this thread was last visited? I would appreciate anyone help.

I want leather, not nylon. I want one that is either double thick or Kydex reinforced. I saw Comp-Tac has a Kydex backed one but it doesn't look great. Who else should I look at?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have two bullhide beltman belts. One is brown with velcro sewn inside and the other is black with no velcro. I also have a wilderness 5 stitch. The beltman belts are great. I can't speak for the horsehide but the bullhide are plenty stiff with no reinforcing. They provide great support for both my G19 and P228 in my MTAC. I would definitely recommend these belts. My wife even likes the look of them and I wear them when I can't carry :x

Definitely get the 7 hole option for more adjustability. Measure twice with your gun and holster if you IWB.

·
16,485 Posts
I have one bullhide belt from thebeltman and I think it's plenty stiff. Horsehide may be nicer, so I may try it when I order another one (I need velcro!), but I'll probably stick with bullhide. And definitely get the 7 hole version.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
I rec'd my new belt from The Beltman today. It is really nice. I haven't tried a holster on it yet. Based on the looks, price, and stiffness I would recommend them to anyone. It is nice and stiff but I think I will try the horsehide for my next one. I need a better black belt too and will probably order another one of these sometime soon.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
adcurt said:
Kind of a weird thing to write on, but I like to hear what works for people and I wanted to say that I've been trying out a tactical belt from the 5.11 tac guys and it's really the best belt I've run across for carrying with a belt holster (OC or CC).

See here: http://www.lapolicegear.com/5ta1opbe.html

The thing gives great support because there's a stiff bit of permastiff nylon sewn inbetween the inner/outer material and you can tighten to fit. The end is solid velcro, too, so it's not flapping around on you. The buckle weighs about 15 pounds. I'm joking - but it's solid.

Anyway, just a note for the curious. Those guys make some terrific shorts called the Academy shorts. The front clip pocket is just perfect for a spare.
Those are the same style belts we wear in the Fire Service, great belt by the way.

Speaking of 5.11 Tactical clothing, I was at Forsyth at the Fire Academy last month and a local public safety store was running a huge 5.11 tactical sale.

I purchased 6 pairs of the tactical pants for 16.50 each, got multiple colors and several with the removable pads for the knees.

Even had the 5.11 tactical shirts with the mic holders and the secret map pockets in the chest and they were only 18.00 each, so I got a few of them as well.

Cleaned up big time and saved a bunch of cash.

·
68,160 Posts
I was thinking about a Southern Holsters belt before he quit making them (I thought I might get a matching belt and holster).

Now I do not know.

Milt Sparks?

Beltman?

You would never catch me in a 5.11 :roll:

·
16,485 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I was thinking about a Southern Holsters belt before he quit making them (I thought I might get a matching belt and holster).

Now I do not know.

Milt Sparks?

Beltman?

You would never catch me in a 5.11 :roll:
I wear a beltman belt most of the time and would highly recommend them. The quality, customer service, and speed are top notch. However, I looked at Mike from Philly's sharkskin belt from Rafter S Gunleather at the Winter Luncheon, and it looks to be fantastic quality (and slightly cheaper than the beltman's version). I'm fairly certain I'll go with sharkskin when I order my next one in a couple of months, and it's definitely between the two of them, but I'm not sure which company I'll go with.

·
68,160 Posts
I really like the Rafter S Gunleather holsters in elephant skin, but I do not like the functional design. Loops behind the holster put the gun too far away from the body.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
I rec'd my new belt from The Beltman today. It is really nice. I haven't tried a holster on it yet. Based on the looks, price, and stiffness I would recommend them to anyone. It is nice and stiff but I think I will try the horsehide for my next one. I need a better black belt too and will probably order another one of these sometime soon.
I have been wearing my belt from The Beltman for a while now and really love it. I just ordered a black one in horse hide this morning.

Anyone looking for a good quality belt should give him a look.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
so if i carry almost exclusively iwb and single stack autos will i really benefit from a double thick gun belt? right now i use a 1 1/2" leather belt. seems like to me that unless i carried a big gun or it rode really high it wouldn't make a difference. i carry 12-16 hours a day and sometimes i notice pull in the buckle area but my belt holds the gun close to my side no problems.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Zookeeper - I carry a 239 single stack 9mm IWB almost exclusively. I can really feel a difference between this belt and my regular old belts. Otherwise, I wouldn't have just ordered a second one.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts