Great Belt for Carry

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by adcurt, Aug 9, 2007.

1. adcurt

adcurt New Member

Kind of a weird thing to write on, but I like to hear what works for people and I wanted to say that I've been trying out a tactical belt from the 5.11 tac guys and it's really the best belt I've run across for carrying with a belt holster (OC or CC).

See here: http://www.lapolicegear.com/5ta1opbe.html

The thing gives great support because there's a stiff bit of permastiff nylon sewn inbetween the inner/outer material and you can tighten to fit. The end is solid velcro, too, so it's not flapping around on you. The buckle weighs about 15 pounds. I'm joking - but it's solid.

Anyway, just a note for the curious. Those guys make some terrific shorts called the Academy shorts. The front clip pocket is just perfect for a spare.

2. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

I've enjoyed wearing my Galco 5 stitch belt along with my Woolrich elite pants and shorts. It's night and day difference...stiff. I wouldn't mind purchasing another belt from the Wilderness though...especially the 5 stitch with the insert. As for the Woolrich stuff...plenty of room...for the .38, knives, light, etc.

3. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Get the Wilderness 5 Stitch and you will never look back!

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Agreed. I just received mine and it is awesome. It is much more than I expected!

5. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

They are great utility/casual belts. Also if you have to dress up to work or go out look at spending the money on a good leather gun belt. Milt Sparks, offers the best bang for the buck but don't over look Mitch Rosen and Galco. Even when wearing a suit, the proper belt to support your gun and other gear is important. The guns holster needs to be stable, not rocking around and sliding on the belt. Wal-mart belts just don't cut it.

6. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I definitely need a good everyday gun belt but this nylon 5 Stitch won't do it. Who makes a quality leather gunbelt at a fair price?

7. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

I'm lucky, the Wilderness belts work just fine for my mode of dress, work and play.

I've heard a lot of good things about the beltman. In fact, I don't recall ever having read anything negative about him. That will be my one of my first stops when it's finally time for a leather belt.

8. Bulldawg182

That's perfect, thanks!

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have a 1 1/4" Wilderness 'Frequent Flyer' in 5 stitch with the polymer lining for casual wear, and a 1 1/2" black leather belt from Southern Holsters for a dressier look.

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I wear a thebeltman bullhide belt every day.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Nylon? Velcro? Is this an item of clothing we are discussing? :roll:

12. pyromaster

pyromaster New Member

Ditto. I have one black and one brown and love them both.

I'm too lazy to search but isn't there a GCO/GDPO memeber that makes belts as well?

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Tom from http://www.southernholsters.com used to, but has stopped making them now.

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Souther Holsters used to.

15. pyromaster

pyromaster New Member

That's what I was thinking of.
    Thanks guys.

16. Malum Prohibitum

:cry:

Well, I saw this guy's stuff at the Gun Show. Looked pretty good. If you have the $$$, he can even do it with elephant skin.
    http://www.andrewsleather.com/

17. AV8R

AV8R Banned

While The Belt Man seems to be a good place to start (his FAQ is funny!), are there any places locally that sell quality belts? (anywhere from downtown Atlanta, northeast to Gainesville, west to Kennesaw, and anything in between)

18. Malum Prohibitum

Belt man sells an elephant belt! You can get it to go with an elephant holster!

19. LeCZends

LeCZends New Member

If you have an elephant gun to accessorize you could get GCO's best dressed award :lol:

20. Bulldawg182

I went ahead and ordered the dual layered bullhide from Beltman this morning and will order the Wilderness 5 stitch as well from Milt Sparks. Thanks

The worst part of ordering belts is MEASURING just HOW BIG you need it! :lol:

PS: SHUT UP, BUDDER!!!! =; [-X