Grand jury clears shooter with CC Permit in Metro fatality

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Jun 7, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Note that the shooter was a permit holder. Also note he was on public transportation when accosted. Personal editorial comments are in italics. Oh, and check out the comments at the link :)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4865492.html

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But wait! Didn't LarryG tell us it was illegal to carry on mass transportation in Texas?

Oh, and that it is legal to carry in the airport in Atlanta?

:lol:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Mommas love their little boys no matter what . . .

4. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

5. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

There goes that darned "LarryG" guy again. For those of you who are new here or are not familiar with this guy & the threads associated with him......IT AIN'T ME! :lol: :roll:

"LarryG" is a guy from another forum who has some strong/wrong opinions and "LarryG2" is a really, really great guy here on GeorgiaPacking.org....ME!!! 8) 8) Just keeping the record straight.

FYI....I'll take the heat for my own stupidity....but not someone else's!!! :roll:

6. tony218

tony218 New Member

i wonder what our friend ol, larryg is up to these days.

(the other larryg)

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I just knew those CHL holders were wicked wicked people!

Actually, it would be nice to have stats like that from other jurisdictions, it would make it easier to convince legislators to relax some of the rules.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Sorry, Larry, I did not think about the possible confusion until after I posted. The "other" Larry pops over here once in a while to post as "truthseeker" or somesuch ridiculous appellation.

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I agree.

As a group, CHL holders are considerably more law-abiding than the general population, but I must admit I was somewhat surprised by the numbers. Even though the numbers and percentages were very low, there were more CHL holders convicted of crimes than I would have imagined. Guess we're not quite the pure-as-driven-snow choir boys and girls I had believed us to be.

Of course, we are talking about Texas, so maybe that has something to do with it... Having similar statistics from other locales would indeed be most informative.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

A bully got what a bully deserves.

11. Bulldawg182

I don't know bout that. Most of the charges against holders in the above reference seem to be concentrated in the "unlawful gun" rule breaking area. That stands to reason.

Maybe some of them walked within 200 yds of a bus stop while legally carrying or parked their car a block away while they dropped off a letter at the post office. Oh, wait....that's only in Georgia!

12. Malum Prohibitum

How could Texas CHL holders be convicted of unlicensed carry of a weapon? That makes no sense.

:?

13. Bulldawg182

Maybe he forced a co-worker to carry it by the muzzle with his teeth! :twisted: :idea:

14. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Guess we can carry on Marta.