GPSL matches, Wednesday Night

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by johnpeace, Feb 25, 2005.

1. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

Not sure how many of you are familiar with it, but I wanted to tell you about one of my favorite places to shoot.

On Wednesday evenings I join the Gwinnett Practical Shooting League for their IPSC match night at Bullseye Gun Shop and Indoor Range in Lawrenceville.

Registration is from 6-7pm and the match usually runs til about 9, afterwards the whole crew heads over to a local steakhouse for beers, food and chat.

It's a really great way to spend an evening away from home.

You can get more information from the GPSL website at:
    http://www.gpsl.org

2. coyy2k1

coyy2k1 New Member

Careful what you say, there may be lurkers here wondering if you will be carrying into that steakhouse while packing 8) . You never know, someone could also be following waiting to steal your gun looked in your vehicle as well. :twisted: Be careful out there, the BG's are everywhere.

3. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

My IPSC match would be an extremely stupid event to commit armed robbery at. Though there would in all likelihood be a sucessful resolution: an armed robber dead on the floor.

Ditto the parking lot of the steakhouse we frequent.

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

I concur with John, GPSL puts on great match. Its very safe ..... safer than golf.

The aftershooting report would interesting "..... 18 alpha ... 7 charlie ... 1 delta .... OK, who was the wiseguy who missed....."

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why isn't it Mike from Philly?

6. b8fish

b8fish New Member

If you dont want to shoot with us, you might still want to join the GPSL Trading Post mailing list for posting/receiving classified ads of interest to local sport-shooting enthusiasts.

Read about it, view some archives and sign-up at http://www.gpsl.org/mailman/listinfo/tr ... t_gpsl.org

Any accompanying pictures though are not available in the archives.

This is a subscription based e-mail list used for the purpose of buying, selling, trading and swapping guns and related shooting gear. It is free, easy to use and protects everyone's e-mail privacy by keeping e-mail addresses private. All you need to do is go to the link above and complete the simple registration process. Once you are registered, you will receive an e-mail whenever another subscriber posts something for sale, trade, etc.

If you have anything to sell or trade you send an e-mail to TradingPost@gpsl.org and everyone on the list is copied. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time if you want to be removed from the list. The list currently reaches 161 shooters, primarily in the Atlanta area.

Only subscribers can post, so it is resistant to outside spam.

<disclaimer>I am also the GPSL Webmaster.</disclaimer>

7. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Hey Paul! Welcome.

Paul has setup a good system if you want to sell gun related things.

MP - I had to sign up under a new name when we converted to the new system. I'm not very good at remembering passwords and stuff like that.