1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
sigh.... I don't want to have to register to see it....arg

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
Some are debating whether open carry is legal in GA. They are quoting from our statue and some seem to insist that open carry is not allowed.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
There, that might give them something to think about.

Open Carry is Legal as long as you have a Georgia Firearms License.

[quote:sq830r8y]16-11-126
(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon when such person knowingly has or carries about his or her person, unless in an open manner and fully exposed to view, any bludgeon, metal knuckles, firearm, knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character outside of his or her home or place of business, except as permitted under this Code section.
Which under this code means that you must always open carry if you do not have a license. However, that is not the only code section you must look at.

16-11-128
(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a pistol without a license when he has or carries on or about his person, outside of his home, motor vehicle, or place of business, any pistol or revolver without having on his person a valid license issued by the judge of the probate court of the county in which he resides...
Both combined means that you must have a license to open carry a pistol or revolver(except at home, business, car, or while hunting with valid hunting license). Notice though that open carry of a rifle or shotgun is ok without a license.[/quote:sq830r8y]

·
68,657 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Some are debating whether open carry is legal in GA. They are quoting from our statue and some seem to insist that open carry is not allowed.
Well, that is the problem. The statute allows it (16-11-128), but our statue may not allow it. I would not ask a statue, anyway, as they are usually not very good sources.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Well, that is the problem. The statute allows it (16-11-128), but our statue may not allow it. I would not ask a statue, anyway, as they are usually not very good sources.
Sources for what?? They seem to be a great source of pigeon poop.

·
68,657 Posts
GS1 and mzmtg, I hope you both left a link to this forum, in case anybody is interested in getting to the heart of the matter.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
GS1 and mzmtg, I hope you both left a link to this forum, in case anybody is interested in getting to the heart of the matter.
mzmtg already did, I just did it again.

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
MP, I didn't catch my spelling mistake. Remember I'm an old guy. Gunstar1, I just read your response at the the site and I edited my answer to include "with a GFL". You gave a great response. I must add that I am certainly no expert.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I replied to two laws questions over on GlockTalk in the Georgia Club just now.

Would one or more of you experts please double check and correct or expand if needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts