Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
69,318 Posts
Judges appeared hostile to the standing of Plaintiffs, especially Judge Pryor, so GCO may be starting over on this one soon, after eliminating all standing arguments, something it has been in the process of doing even before the argument.

·
69,318 Posts
Judge Pryor recognized the obvious when he said, "We're going to see this again." GCO is not going away. It is a constitutional violation to deny a fundamental right to nonresidents who are yet American citizens. GCO is on this until it is fixed.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,329 Posts
This case is front page news on today's Fulton County Daily Report!!
JRM and Mr. Goyke are pictured in a nice clear photograph front and center Page 1.
Good publicity for our cause, regardless of the result.

·
69,318 Posts
gunsmoker said:
This case is front page news on today's Fulton County Daily Report!!
JRM and Mr. Goyke are pictured in a nice clear photograph front and center Page 1.
Good publicity for our cause, regardless of the result.
I saved a copy for him, since he is not a subscriber.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I saved a copy for him, since he is not a subscriber.
Let me know if he wants another copy, I'll hold on to mine for a few days. I think the write up was pretty accurate.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,329 Posts
Good appeal brief to the 11th Cir.

Another example of how the law does not require a futile act can be found in landlord-tenant law.
The statutes in Georgia say that the landlord must give 60 days' notice to a tenant to terminate the tenancy (assuming no material breach that would justify immediate eviction).

But the caselaw says that the landlord does NOT have to give such notice where the facts and circumstances of the case show that such notice would have been futile, and tenant would not have used that time to find a new home and move out. For example, tenants who flatly tell the landlord they're not moving regardless of what the lease says. For such circumstances, the 60 day notice rule is inapplicable, as it would be clearly futile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts