Goverment Agents Seize Oathkeepers New Born from Hospital

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Oct 8, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This may be a little hard for everyone to believe here as it was for me. I waited to post this here until it could be somewhat confirmed. I found out about this yesterday, but decided to wait to post it. The Oathkeeper's site has actually picked this up and have somewhat confirmed this.

Remember, Oathkeepers is just a group of military and LEO that have said that they will obey their oath to the Constitution and will not carry out any unconstitutional act. That is all. They are not a fringe group.

Beware there is limited bad language in the video. I cannot say I blame him for the language. I would probably be letting a few fly as well.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2010/10/07/ ... -hospital/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZRM-P4 ... _embedded# Video of conversation with journalist.

Guys and gals, I really hope this isn't true. I hope that this is really a hoax of some kind. But as you can see from the first link, it appears to be true.

Please keep these people in your thoughts as they fight to get their newborn baby girl back from the authorities. I don't even know what I would do if this occurred to me. I know I would be very angry.

If you do not know anything about Oathkeepers please do some research about them. They are a really good organization.

2. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

I'd be interested to know the other allegations.

3. EJR914

4. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

I am also interested to know the other allegations. Regardless though, this is one of the scariest things I have heard in a long time.

5. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Without hearing the other allegations, I don't know that I'd say its scary at all. For all we know at this point, there could be very strong evidence that the parents are suspected of kidnapping and murdering many children--in which case we'd all say taking their newborn baby may be justified. We have very limited info from only one side--hardly enough to pass judgement on, IMO.

6. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Info in the link suggests that they have seen the affidavit, but won't post it.
    If they want to get folks riled, they outta post it.

7. seereus

seereus Active Member

Truly disturbing if the only reason they took the child is because he is a member of Oath Keepers.
    Would like to check out his facebook page, any able to decipher what he stated?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Did anybody say that? Who?

9. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

What I got from the video was that the guy was saying that the only reason the child was taken was that he was a member of the Oathkeepers. I probally misunderstood that. That is what I thought was scary.

10. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

I got that idea, too.

11. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Post the Affidavit. Until they do that then there is 99.9999% chance theres more than whats being said. If its in fact true, then this is a horrible horrible situation and its gotta be stopped.

12. seereus

seereus Active Member

Did anyone say what?

13. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

hes asking if anyone is making the claim that the only reason is because hes a members of OK's...

14. seereus

seereus Active Member

I did not hear anyone make that claim in the audio that I listened to.
    I did hear him state it was listed on the paperwork as one of the reasons.

15. slammy

slammy New Member

:popcorn: I'm going to have to wait on this one.

16. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

17. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

From one of the given links.

Without knowing the other allegations, I will not comment. They may have very valid reasons, and being a member of Oath Keepers was minor and incidental.

19. EJR914

I'm trying to understand it all, but it appears there are allegations of a concealed weapons charge that happened months before the birth. He has not been convicted on anything related to that charge.

Also, there is something about the women's previous marraige and some abuse from a former husband.

Nothing that I have heard so far lends to them seizing the baby from the hospital after lying to the couple as to what they were doing.

Also, some documents have been posted. I don't think they really shed any light on the situation, besides the weapons charge and him being connected to the "militia" Oathkeepers. If you guys didn't know... Oathkeepers is not a militia, and even if it was, it is not illegal to be involved with a militia. I believe they are trying to paint militias as something that is bad and dangerous. Also, they are trying to make him look dangerous because they have firearms, and I have read that his wife has a concealed carry license.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]