Got my GFL today and boy does it look like crap

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by GrimJack, Jun 6, 2007.

1. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I knew from seeing a friends and signing/printing it at the probate court when I applied that these things look like crap but just damn. My kids could make something more professional than this. They didn't cut it straight. Didn't fold it straight, didn't laminate it straight and I can't fit it in my wallet. These things are a joke.

Can I cut it down to fit my wallet or is that against the law?

BTW, it took me about 62 days in Gwinnett County.

2. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I got mine last Sat. and its to long, but its straight.

3. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

:lol:
    My first one was from Cherokee, that thing was like the one you described AND you could see where someone had whited out part of it and re-typed it. I bought a gun from Pannells and they kept asking me if I had changed the area that was whited out :shock: . They would not accept my GFL to skip a background check...I told them go ahead and do the background check...of course I was good to go.

My current one from Cobb is MUCH better looking...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I trimmed the lamination on mine to fit my wallet. Tennessee's is very professional looking and cost more - but TN cannot use theirs to skip the background check like GA can. My step dad was with me at a gun show a couple of weeks ago just across the border from GA - so they had both TN & GA dealers - we both purchased a gun - my crappy looking GA license=no back ground check - he had to under go a background check with his TN permit. So our GA license may look like a 3rd grader created them - but they cost less than TN and we can forego the background check.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

If the probate chooses to disobey the law stating a 60 day issue timeframe you are supposed to get the "special" license... holographic seal of Georgia, inlaid gold leaf, real ink signature of the probate judge, a certificate of authenticity and a free toaster oven.

Or at least that's how it should be...

Congrats though 8)

6. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Mine has Judge Deloach's real ink signature on it.

But then, he's not in the business of being a pain about issuing GFLs... he's in the business of following the law as written.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I can vouch for that. My license was in mint condition when I got it. No blaming the post office or anything since you have to pick up the license in person.

8. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Mine arrived in the envelope that I hand addressed while at the probate court office. It is weird getting a letter to me from me.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I bet. :lol:

I didn't even get a letter to pick up the license. It was in the outgoing mail box when I called to check on the status. So, she just held it for me and I picked up the license and letter.

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I recieved mine from Gwinnett County back in Dec of 04. It was actually pretty good. Only had to trim the edges, other than that, very neat. Wierd how they differ, even in the same county.

I probably got lucky with whatever office admin was there that actually took some pride in their work.

11. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Complain, complain, complain! At least you have your GFL! Some of us are still waiting! (23)

12. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Silly me, since the law says I have to carry it when I am carrying a firearm I would like something that is smaller than 3' x 4' that may fit in my wallet.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why not put it on your belt next to your CCW badge?

14. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I taped mine to my gun.

15. gsusnake

I duct taped on my forehead, next to my gun.

16. gsusnake

And I'm looking at getting the probate judge to come to the tattoo parlor with me so I can just get my GFL tattooed to my forehead.

17. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I duct taped mine to my forehead with my gun still in my holster. Just a little different twist from gsusnake.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I got mine from Fulton...so you know it looks like it was made by someone from Woodstock who took the brown acid.

19. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

No no no. It is clear packing tape you need (get it...packing tape).

Too much duct tape will conceal the firearm. You can see through packing tape.

20. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

O.C.G.A. 16-11-129