Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago, I got to shoot many 1911's thanks to my older brothers. I've always wanted one. When I noticed a local dealer had the Taurus PT1911 on sale for $399 I had to have one. They also had the PP1911 AR for $449. Dang, tough decision. I got one with the rail!
I know Taurus isn't the sexiest 1911 but she's got some real potential. I think some jewelery for the rail would be nice. Maybe something in green. Then a nice dress to slip into. Maybe leather or even remora. I've always liked girls with minimal make up but in this case a nice dual tone finish might be in order.
I'm looking for advice on lasers, holsters, coatings, and triggers.
I'd also love to see pics of your 1911.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Brownie2,

Congratulations on your first 1911. I know there are those out there that hate them, there are those that love them. I am the latter

I have a couple, my TRP, Range Officer and Light Weight Champion Operator

I have the 9mm Range Officer as well

And Currently have a Custom build in progress from Chris James of Combat Precision Technology here in Atlanta

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/yru... by Combat Precision Technology?sort=3&page=1

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Congratulations, my wife has a pt1911 in 9mm that she loves to shoot. It is a good inexpensive entry level 1911.

YRUALEG...Nice RO in 9mm. I love my 45 RO and want the 9mm version as well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks E.T. , The only complaint I have about the entire Range Officer Line is that rear sight...It's sharp as all get out. I swapped mine for a Harrison LPA

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Someone on ODT was selling a Serpa drop rig for a 1911.
I believe one is listed here, also. Rangeguy74 or something like that.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Check out Garrett Industries they make a great Kydex and Leather lined holster ( not just for 1911's either) I would suggest one, I use mine for IDPA

·
Registered
991 Posts
As someone who carries a 1911 of some sort every day, welcome to the light....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.
I like to conceal carry. I know the 1911 isn't the best for that. I'm a bit thin and that doesn't help. I like to carry cross draw.
I use a Remora with my compact EDC. Maybe the 1911 will have to be my winter time EDC.
That Garrett holster does look nice. I like that it is not so big and bulky.
A lazer would be nice to have in a home defense situation. Anything good and cheap?
Any good youtubes on cerakoting?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
Brownie, did you get the double-stack? I'd like to have one of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts