Got mine.

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Bobo, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Only took around 15 business days, including the ice storm.

One thing, the eye color says bro, instead of blu. Big problem? Everything else is correct. I didn't even notice it, I thought it said hair color. My gf caught it.

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Go back and get the eye color corrected. It might cause issues later. They should do it for you without much problems, you would think.

3. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Serious? I don't even know of any day that I could ever go. I started a new job and leave at 6am and get back after 6pm. I won't have a weekday off until summer.

This kind of sucks. They will probably want more money.

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I think I'd just carry it like it is. Claim ignorance if questioned.(I know..I know that don't make it right)

If it helps sing "Don't it make my brown eyes blue."

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

6. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Going to call them as soon as I get a chance on Monday morning. I just think BLU was misread and typed in as BRO.

I am hoping I can just do it all over the phone, there is just no way to make it in until the summer, so I hope they can get it fixed. They copied my license, wouldn't they double check the info? Seems like they are making a killing on these cheap looking GWL's.

7. mountainpass

Budder how many ladies(or men) drivers licenses have the correct weight?

8. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Mine doesn't.

I called the probate court and left a message.

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I go every day to the DMV and give them my weight for the day, but they just look at me like this: :screwy:

Also, my hair gets a bit darker in the winter and lighter in the summer... they won't change that, either. :cry: :surrender:

10. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Photocopy it and carry the copy? Mail in the original, with a note. Would that be legal? IDK, but it's what I would do. They'll likely fix it for free, or at most charge five bucks. Ask the probate if you can carry a copy, pending a new issue.

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I do not believe that would be legal and I would not let go of the real GWL until I got a corrected one. I would not try to carry on a photocopy, that might get you busted for having a fake one, which is a felony. I WOULD carry on the GWL with the incorrect eye color until I was able to get a corrected one.

12. Bobo

Bobo New Member

I hope it can be cleared up Monday, and that it is an easy fix. Been worried about it since I got it. I wouldn't even have noticed it, the gf saw it.

I will be cc today and tomorrow, we shall see how it goes. I am hoping to never even have to show my gwl, unless buying a new gun.

13. budder

There is a difference between the two situations. Feel free to disagree.

14. AV8R

AV8R Banned

You cited code as if to say that the OP was in violation of it. I'm guessing here, because you rarely explain whatever point you're trying to make.

Mountainpass was seemingly making the point that almost all of us are in violation of that code you cited. I continued with that in my own crass and snotty way.

So explain to us, for a change, what's the difference? I'm not disagreeing with you... I can't do that when you fail to make a point and instead just toss up some law code. Are you attempting humor again or do you really have a point?

15. budder

I did no such thing. mp suggested the OP claim ignorance if questioned. That would easily fall within the scope of "makes a false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation" because the OP already knows it's true. If, at the time you got your driver's license, stated that you were 4 pounds knowing full well that you were 100 pounds, you would also be in violation.

Presenting your legitimately-obtained DL at a traffic stop isn't within the scope of the false statements law. If you had undergone some major cosmetic surgery or maybe even lost/gained a significant amount of weigh such that your DL info no longer served the purpose intended (just basic identification, as far as I know) and presented the DL with what was then materially-false information, then I think you would be in violation of the law.

Is that clear enough for you?

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Actually, that is pretty clear. Thanks!

Couldn't you just explain as you go along instead of waiting for someone to piss in your mojito?

17. mountainpass

I don't know why they even need all that information on there anyway.

I mean it has your fingerprint.

18. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Yeah, seems pretty stupid to me. I will be calling at 9:45, and I just keep hoping that it isn't going to be a big deal.

I didn't get to carry this weekend anyway, I wasn't going to pay $25 for a 20 box of 9mm HST.

19. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

Do not let $25 for a box of (whatever) keep you from carrying!! Ball ammo, if that is all you have, is better than nothing. I thought HSTs came in a box of 50.

20. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Well, that is pretty stupid. I explained that I can't get there until the summer, so she said it was up to me. She didn't sound to worried about it, but said I have to go and resign a document, so my gf can't take it up there for me.

I am a worry person, so this is goin to bother me. Going to try and volunteer for a Saturday in a couple of months and try and get a weekday off.