Got it, please delete!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by RepeatDefender, Aug 27, 2007.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Bought a new Maverick 88 with 28" barrel from the Wally-World, now I need a barrel for HD use.

Found an 18.5" bbl from MidwayUSA for less than $75 shipped. Happy, Happy-Joy, Joy :lol:

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Just cut it down. If you want to use it for duck hunting, I'm sure a few drops of JB Weld and a few times around with some duct tape will do just fine :twisted:

3. RepeatDefender

[​IMG]---Stock photo (only difference is that mine has a smooth forearm)

It is just your standard run-of-the-mill 28" field barrel gun. I'd like to keep the long barrel for skeet shooting and add on the short barrel for combat situations.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

hundred bucks

I tried to find an extra barrel for my Mossberg 500 that I could saw down and put a really cool-looking muzzle accessory on. New barrels were $120 and used ones (even ugly, rusty, dinged-up ones) were selling for $80-$99 at gun stores and pawn shops. I never bought one. It's just not worth it on a gun that was only $190 brand new.

You might want to try an internet auction site, and see if you can find a Mav 88 barrel cheap.

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

you can prob get it new from Mossberg...

email service AT mossberg

or call 1-800-363-3555

FWIW an 18" blued barrel with front brass bed for my mossy 835 is $100 brand new.

6. RepeatDefender

Earlier this year I bought a new 20" barrel from Maverick for $69. I guess I will go that route. I was just hoping maybe to find one a tad cheaper. Oh well... :(