Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of everyone knows I had to sell off all my guns to get all my bills caught up :( . After catching everything up i had a little let over. I went to a local shop just browsing. There was a revolver just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.I asked to see it and it turned out to be a S&W Model 10. He gave me a good deal on it and i brought that lil puppy home. I am no longer unarmed. :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know its not everyones cup of tea but its better than a sharp stick. I like revolvers and feel comfortable with one. :righton:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Nothing wrong with a S&W 10. I had one as my bedside gun for a while when I was just out of college and couldn't afford much else. Very accurate, smooth trigger and with the proper round .38spl will get the job done in almost any situation.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Nice looking gun. So what did you get in "trouble" for? Was it for buying a gun, or for spending the money on the gun instead of something else? I am guessing the "boss" is wife or girlfriend.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to find the old "FBI" load to use in it. Anyone know where to get some of it around Gwinnett?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got banned from the gun store but the GF.She said i didnt need another gun. :D

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I've got a 10-6 that looks just like that :righton:. My great aunt had it as a nightstand gun for years, probably only fired once or twice before I inherited it a couple of years ago. Fun gun to take to the range, although the handloads I'm going through smoke up the whole place every time...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like it so far Commodore. I may get the chance to shoot it this weekend.I will let ya know how it runs.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
"Awww come on baby, it was on sale!!!"

:lol:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
jmathis84 said:
I know its not everyones cup of tea but its better than a sharp stick. I like revolvers and feel comfortable with one. :righton:
You are quite WELL-ARMED!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thnaks Match. I feel comfotable shooting revolvers. I cant wait to take it to the range and give it a good run

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sweet! Is the "BOSS" also banned from shoe stores etc?

AS for load... there was a pretty good article in (??) GUns & Ammo last month (which prob means Jan issue) about 4 or 5 different .38 loads (only 1 not +p) out of snubbies.

I carry a .38 often (snubby) and personally like the Hornady Critical Defense.

Good Luck finding the load you like. (now you need a holster for that... find one "one sale"??)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NAH. She doesnt shoe shop. A holster a hard to find for it. There are alot out there but the dont cover the trigger guard and i wont carry a holster that doesnt.I am gonna have fun finding a good load for this gun. Test some and see what I like

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
You can't beat a good wheel gun IMHO. :righton:

There are few people on here who can make you a holster reasonably priced and they get rave reviews. I don't know all their screen names off hand but look in the Holsters/Method of Carry stuff....

I had Hornady Critical Defense in my old .38 (until I traded it for a pocket pistol) and felt very well armed.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the Hornady Critical Defense in my 1911. I may pick some up and try it out. I am gonna choos between that,Gold Dots, and the "FBI" Load.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
What's this FBI load?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Lead Semi-Wad Cutter Hollow Point??

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah BSC. I have been told by many many people to use it in my 38 special.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts