Got Guns? $1 Million Bond!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

:help:

Are any of those things even felonies?

If this is not an unconstitutionally excessive bail, then what is?

3. wwomack

wwomack New Member

Why does the number of guns have anything to do with how a person is treated during a trial? After all, a man can only use one gun at a time so what does it matter that he has 20? (or 50, or 100, or 200)

4. Malum Prohibitum

My bail would probably be $1 Billion :shock:

:D

What about that kid in Fayette County last month who showed up at school with a weapon in his truck - no bail. He is still sitting in the jail awaiting trial.

5. Malum Prohibitum

What is even more disturbing about this is that he is a federally license firearms dealer operating out of his home - of course he has a lot of guns!

That would be like finding a lot of papers in a legal office or metal in a machine shop.

If he really is a danger to the community, is he more of a danger because of three guns rather than two, or a hundred rather than a dozen?

THis increase of bail from $20,000 to $1,000,000 just makes no sense. His offense obviously did not make the police and prosecutors feel like he was much of a danger, or it would not have been set at $20k to start with . . .

6. Taler

Taler New Member

I'm missing something.

Does it sound unusual to provide a list of weapons owned... BEFORE AN ARREST?

Curse at the officer and get arrested? I mean, according to the article, he walked up behind the officer, gun in hand. But the officer called for help because he was cursed? Instead of unholstering?

Would not have been my first reaction, at least not the way the scene is portrayed.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

A million dollars?

Is this rule of law, or rule of "judge"?