Goose Creek Indictments

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I guess they haven't hushed that up as much as they thought :shakehead: Everyone is trying their hardest to keep the "religion of peace" from getting any unwarranted bad press. :roll:

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

for those of you that don't know, there is several Navy nuke reactors at the Naval Weapons Station in Goose Creek.

Used to live in Summerville just up the road.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I just thought people here might be interested in that.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I wonder...... Really out to do harm or just wanting to make noise and blow up beer cans? Apparently, the feds think it's the former. Maybe I'm too trusting but I remember making some really big "firecrackers" with my buddies in high school that would almost certainly get us arrested today.

If we were caught with them...

We need an "exploding" smiley.

:!:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Well, Macktee, I bet you and your buddies did not have convert beards, either. :lol:

6. Malum Prohibitum

So, let us hear the suspects in their own words, to determine whether this incident was in the cause of jihad and martyrdom, or simply, as Macktee eloquently suggests, "to make noise and blow up beer cans?"

The prosecution rests.

7. Malum Prohibitum

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Well, it still sounds perfectly innocent to me.

After all, we have several college students on this forum and, I'm sure, all of them have done a few (perfectly innocent) things that could be misconstrued by suspicious people...

And, don't forget, these young men are almost certainly deeply religious based on the info found on the laptop. Consequently, they're probably more than just a little bit naive about how people might interpret their actions. Perfectly innocent...... until proven guilty!

Come on! It's not like they had drugs in the car, just a few explosive devices... What possible harm could come from that?

MP, I believe you're simply too suspicious and cynical. That's sad. You should be happy and carefree. Lighten up and enjoy life! Be more like Ramm!!! (OK, maybe not that last one...) I'm sure, in due course, these fine young men will be fully and completely exonerated.

Or, they'll be locked away for 20 years...

:jail:

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't know, Mack. I just assumed it was explodey fun time! until I got to the part MP quoted, which made me change my mind. I know cops are tricky, but I don't think he could've said that and meant it in any innocent way.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Goose Creek Two suspect pleads guilty

11. Malum Prohibitum

Well, what do you think now?

12. Pack N Man

Pack N Man New Member

Everything I've read leads me to believe they intended to carry out some form of attack. How did they just happen to be near Goose Creek with bomb making materials?.... What fool in their right mind would place themsevles in that kind of position unless they were really intent on carrying out an act of terrorism?

13. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

My headquarters for one of my last units was on the Navy support facility and they do not have reactors there. It used to be used to service nuke subs and the nuke missiles from them. There is some other very neat stuff there but we know the saying, I could tell you but then.....

14. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Hmm, maybe I got some bad scoop. I know the Nuke school is there maybe they just have simulators then. I've known several sailors (officers) who attended that school and they said there was a reactor on one of the drydocked subs, and on land, they didn't specify if they were decommissioned or simulators.

From Wikipedia

15. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Ok found this...

for some reason it won't display correctly if I copy paste the url, think it is because of the parentheses in the url.
    It's from the South Carolina Emergency Division
    Code:
    http://www.scemd.org/plans/SCEOP07/39-Annex-25AttachmentA(RadiologicalHazards).pdf

16. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Intereasting... I still only believe half of what I hear or read. :foilhat: So that would be one reactor not 2 :lol: