Google protecting hildebeast?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Verbal101, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

I know this isn't really news, and I should be using duckduckgo, but --

I googled "lyingcrookedhillary", Trumps's new web site. After typing "lyin", the auto-populate options were "lying", "lying ted", etc. but no reference to the trump website. I typed "lyingcrookedhillar" and there were no auto populate options. Really? I gave you all the letters except one, and you can't figure it out?

Typed the Y, hit enter and google did return the site as a result.

I typed "hillary" and the auto populate options were "hillary", "hillary clinton", "hillary clinton email", etc. All positive, how to donate type stuff.

Ah, well, the Trump web site is too new, I thought. Then I went to duckduckgo and typed "lyin" and the very first auto populate result was "lying crooked hillary".

So in a nutshell, type "lyin" and google's first suggestion is "lying ted". No reference at all to lying hillary.

No real revelation here, just an illustration of how crooked google is.

2. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg[/ame]

3. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

Are you aware how ranking of search results work? (hint-they're all different) Brand new websites almost never have nearly the high rankings of existing sites (and are almost never going to show in an auto-complete), especially if they're made so generic or include such popular terms. There are millions of mentions of Hillary on the internet, and even more discussions of lying, so a failure to suggest a new site is quite expected.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

The real question is, why are you using Google to load websites that you know the address for?

5. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

From the OP:

6. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Thanks, Taurus, for the video, it's exactly what I noticed. Interesting that the terms used in the video, "indictment" and "criminal" now are in the google predictive text list. I doubt that those are such new terms describing hillary that they're just now making it onto the list.

7. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Part of the purpose of the website is to feed Google and other search engines with content aligning "crooked", "lying", "dishonest" and other negative terms with the word "Hillary".

8. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

To quote from myself...

9. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

I agree! Google is quite different than others.