Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone carried to Wild Bills in Gwinnett lately? I was wondering if it was okay, I have only bought beer there, didn’t know about food sales and security at the door. I have a DD gig there in a few weeks.

·
68,524 Posts
You people are relying entirely too much on that licensing web site.

To the original poster, do you have the permission of the owner?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:

To the original poster, do you have the permission of the owner?
No, I wasn't sure if it was a bar.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you go to the web page it says dance club and concert hall.

**EDIT, it then goes on to say that it is a night club and bar. MAKE UP MY MIND!

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
MP said:
I tried pointing that out here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=50033&hilit=pub&start=60
mountainpass said:
ookoshi said:
The site to search places is here: https://etax.dor.ga.gov/AlcoholRetailer/

It's amazing how many places come up as restaurants. Good site to check before you go eating/drinking to make sure you're kosher.
But what if the police deem it to be a bar----because of Pub in the title. I think MP said while refering to a place with bar in it's name he'd hate to argue in court that it wasn't.

·
68,524 Posts
Seriously. Type "Wild Bills" into Google, spend ten seconds looking at the web site and watching the video, and then report back.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Seriously. Type "Wild Bills" into Google, spend ten seconds looking at the web site and watching the video, and then report back.
I did, as stated below,

When you go to the web page it says dance club and concert hall.

**EDIT, it then goes on to say that it is a night club and bar. MAKE UP MY MIND!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I understand it looks like a bar, but if there is a resource somewhere else that would let me know 100% it would be nice. I didn't realize it was so obvious, my fault.

·
Professional Troll
2,126 Posts
My personal policy; if the alcohol license says anything other than a restaurant as establishment type, then I don't carry.

:2cents:

·
68,524 Posts
Outside of special events, one must be 18 to enter this particular partying nightclub and bar. If you are not sure of the relevance of my post, please search this forum for the word "smoking."

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Wild Bill's is definitely classified as a bar, and you would have to have the owner's permission to carry there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was up there not too long ago for the Jamey Johnson concert. Its a "bar", but you dont get seachered or anything..

·
68,524 Posts
The AmBASSaDEER said:
I was up there not too long ago for the Jamey Johnson concert. Its a "bar", but you dont get seachered or anything..
You don't get searched at my local probate court or city hall, either - what's your point?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
The AmBASSaDEER said:
Does not getting searched mean that you think you are legal, or are you condoning violating state law by carrying there?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Adam5 said:
The AmBASSaDEER said:
Does not getting searched mean that you think you are legal, or or you condoning violating state law by carrying there?
Nope.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
ICP_Juggalo said:
My personal policy; if the alcohol license says anything other than a restaurant as establishment type, then I don't carry.

:2cents:
I'm really trying to figure this out just like everyone else.... However, we have a local place that "I" would say is a bar(18 to enter, but no smoking), but has a license as a restaurant.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts