Good smiths for Ruger LC9s near Decatur

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Clark, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommendations for a good gunsmith near Decatur, GA? I have a Ruger LC9s that I butterfingered one day and after it hit the floor, the "safety" is a little wonky, it still works, but it's not quite right either, part of it inside may have gotten bent or broken.

Thanks!

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

If you can manage to live without it for a while send it to Ruger. They will repair it for free and give it a good going over. When you get it back it will be like a brand new gun.

Clark likes this.

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Take it apart and look at the safety. Take slide off and remove pin at rear of frame and pin just in front of the trigger and the whole assembly comes apart. The safety is nothing more than a piece that swivels up and down with a tiny spring that gives it the resistance. I just removed the mag disconnect on both of mine and it is a simple thing to do.

Clark likes this.
  4. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

I didn't know those pins could come out, I thought they were plastic plugs you had to drill out to get at the pin. But it's out, and it's definitely a broken safety arm. It still functions as a "safety". I'll consider the Ruger option, I can borrow a .38 revolver from a family member for a while, but I really wold prefer in-person service.

5. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

On second thought I may just be able to do this myself.

6. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Nevermind, the LC9 and LC9s are different enough that the part online won't fit the LC9s. But I called Ruger and they will fix it.