Good Places to purchase a gun safe

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by GrimJack, May 10, 2007.

1. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Anyone have any recommendations on where to shop for a gun safe? I am looking for something around a 20-24 gun safe. One that is divided down the middle so you can have shelve on one side for handguns and some room on the other side for long guns. Dick's has a sale right now for a stack on 20 gun safe that fits my needs for $499. Forgot to mention that I want some fire protection, the Stack On at Dick's is 1200 deg. for 30 minutes.

A good deal on a used safe would be cool too.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I don't know where Sugar Hill is...sorry :oops: ....but I know I've seen safes at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, as well as the Bargain Barn in Jasper. I saw one on CraigsList awhile back, but it was sold in about a day.

3. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Bernie's in Lilburn. Good sized selection of Cannon and Ft Knox safes. Delivery available. Maybe more than you want to spend, but well worth the money.

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

on the subject of safes.
    Manual tumbler knob kinda thing or a keypad?

I have a thought that opening a keypad would be much faster in an emergency but not sure if they make a fire resistant/proof version. When I finally get my safe I'll be looking for something to store guns & docs & mad money & such so it will have to be pretty well fire rated. I don't want to spend $1000 on a safe though.
    *sigh*
    I need to win the lotto....

5. shrews

shrews New Member

+1 on Bernies!! Maria will set you up. later.....mr.t.