Good place in Atlanta to buy holsters

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by jccls, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jccls

jccls Guest

Does anyone know of a good place to buy holsters in Atlanta (anywhere)?

My only criterion is that they have a good quality leather IWB holster for a Glock 27 in stock.

No one in athens has anything in stock, and I really want to see it before I buy it.

Thanks!

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Most gun stores that I've been in carry Galco leather.

I think Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna had a pretty good selection. Since it's for a Glock I'd be surprised if they didn't have one.

3. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

IIRC, Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna has Galco, Fobus, and Don Hume. The selection isn't bad, but isn't worth driving all the way from Athens to see. advout.com is the address

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Frankly I find it easier and cheaper to buy holsters online. The only disatvantage is not trying them on. There are so many models out there that the stores can't possibly stock enough.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Re: Online

Same.

I love my CTAC and OWB paddle holsters.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Bullseye in Cumming has a nice selection and their prices seem to be about the same as on-line.

AND, there's another advantage to buying locally...

I bought one there and decided I didn't like it.

So, I took it back. There was no problem trading it in.

I tried a couple of others before going with a Galco IWB.

More importantly, there was no cost or delay involved in sending it back via UPS or USPS to be exhanged.

In this case, the cost difference was minor and nothing can beat actually holding it in your hand, hooking it on your belt, feeling it , touching it, smelling it, trying it on, etc.

Support your local gun shop (unless there's a big price differential........ of course).

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

What kind of attributes are you looking for in a holster?

8. jccls

jccls Guest

Well, I want it to be comfortable (I've heard leather is good for that) and I want it to protect the trigger very well. I also would like it to be able to be used for both concealed and open carry without a coat.

I thought that one looked like it might be just what I'm looking for.

9. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

I've never seen a great holster selection in Adv. Outdoors. Hot Shots (about 5 miles west of Adv. Out. off of Windy Hill) seemed to have a better selection to me (caveat - I have not been there in several months).

10. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Second Hot Shots. About half the store is holsters.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1 on CompTac. I have a Shirt Tucker for my Glock 17 and are about to order a Pro Undercover for my PPK/S.

12. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Just starting with the holster issue.

Ramm,

I see you like Kydex? Been looking at Fobus and Blackwater (?) CQC believe I will perfer a OWB (paddle). I loke the retention with the CQC but do not see anything that will fit the Smith. I have a SW40VE and have seen that many of the Glock 29-30 fit the same, what can you say?

Sorry for the hijack. Anyone with any input for this weapon? I will be looking for a smaller carry when (when........) I have my GFL.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Most kydex holsters are designed to pit the pistol like a glove, so unless it has near exact same dimensions I would think it would not fit.

14. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Summer Special II by Milt Sparks for the G19. Comfortable and Brownells has them for a nice price without the +16 week wait, but it only comes in cowhide from Brownells...Milt Sparks can make it with cowhide, horsehide, and shark...whatever you want and how much money you want to spend. I do plan on buying an Infedel from Comp-Tac in the future and give it a shot.

For range use I just use the Fobus, but plan to use the SSII more there as well.

As far as holding, smelling, etc, that varies from shop to shop, but I haven't bought anything more than a Fobus, Uncle Mike's (pocket holster and paddle) from a shop...just haven't found any leather that catches my eye.

15. brianh

brianh New Member

The Law Enforcement Supply Store in Forest Park, GA (right out the back gate of Fort Gillem) has a very impressive selection of Galco, Bianchi, Fobus, Blackhawk and one or two others. What keeps me going back there is that they routinely stock left-handed versions of just about everything and their prices are good. The owners have quietly built the business over the past few years and now it's one of the leading LE equipment supply stores on the south side.

They can be a little bit hard to find (the store is not well marked) but they are just off of Main Street in Forest Park (NOT Forest Parkway). If you can't find it just stop into the Forest Park Army - Navy store (also on Main Street but much easier to spot) and ask; the LE Supply Store is owned by the same people who own the Army - Navy store.

16. rajl

rajl Guest

Does anyone know of any places not on the Perimeter or well outside of it? Perhaps some place closer to say Midtown/Buckhead/Dunwoody areas?

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Give B&B Outdoors on Holcomb Bridge in Roswell a call. They have a good selection of holsters.

18. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

You should check out Tucker Gun. They have a pretty good selection of holsters but the cool thing are the two or three big buckets of used holsters. I've found a couple there for like 5 bucks. Nice, leather holsters barely used, if at all. They have a pretty big selection of handguns too... it's worth the trip.