Good off-limits list?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by GAGunOwner, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob New Member

Yep

Considering that list is a heckuva lot better than what we're already "living with," definitely.

I assume "prohibited by federal law" would include the setrile area inside airports?

Would you be willing to prohibit carry in bars? I'm not so much advocating doing so, but if you're talking about having the law amended, I doubt legal carry in bars (night clubs) would ever get through. I see a huge difference between allowing carry in restuarants (and the "bar" area thereof) and carry in a bar/nightclub. I think a responsible gun owner/packer will do everything he can to avoid dangerous situations (#1 rule of going to a gun fight is don't go). While you very rarely see any kind of a physical confrontation while dining out, it's very common in the Buckhead bar scene.

Of course, my thoughts and $.75 will buy you a Coke (maybe, if you find an old machine).

BB

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Of the places listed, only 2 strike me as possibilities of places that could be off limits: jails and mental hospitals.

Those two places could be off limits if they are off limits to everyone, including LEOs.

None of the other places listed strike me as places where the state ought to make it a crime for someone to carry. Some of those places (such as courthouses) are known to be dangerous.

Why should it be a state crime to carry where to do so is a federal crime? Do we really want to prosecute people twice for the same thing?

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I am against all "posession" type restrictions. All of them.

Making it illegal for me to carry a gun into a school means that you think I will have no choice but to commit a crime with it once I am there. I do have that choice. Either the government trusts me to carry a gun, or they don't.

It's pretty clear where they stand.