Good news if you're traveling to Iowa

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by timbrubaker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

I guess I missed the prelude to this in the past months, but it appears, from USA Carry (http://www.usacarry.com/forums/iowa-dis ... witterfeed), that there is now reciprocity for any state's "CCW" permit. Anybody heard if that was indeed true for Georgia? I always assumed there had to be some agreement between the two A'sG for this to take effect.

Not going there anytime soon, but it's nice to know the path to the upper midwest has widened a bit.

After drilling a bit deeper into the the USA Carry Iowa F.A.Q, it appears that Iowa doesn't enter into reciprocity agreements with other states. Not sure what that means for Iowans wanting to carry in Georgia...

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

If Iowa will honor the GWL, Georgia will honor the Iowa permit.

It looks like we are gtg in Iowa and they are gtg here as we speak.

Usually, the GA AG will send out a press release that goes out to GA LE just so they know officially. Somebody might want to inform the AG to get the ball rolling on this (though I don't think it is legally required).

3. CTI1(EXW)

CTI1(EXW) New Member

I had two different Sheriff's offices and the AG's office all tell me to not carry on my Iowa permit until they update the reciprocity memo. I read the law cover to cover and I don't see that as a requirement anywhere :screwy:

I'm military anyway :mrgreen:

4. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

That link doesn't work, I can't find anything about Iowa opening up reciprocity.

5. CTI1(EXW)

CTI1(EXW) New Member

I don't have a link but I was at home on leave when the new law went into effect on January 1st. Iowa became a Shall Issue state and recognizes permits issued by all 50 states and the District of Columbia (like those exist :lol: )