good lapel /stealth mic for digital recorder

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by fmlaw1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

I like my Olympus digital recorder. I use it with the attached mic just fine, or with the telephone pickup. Playback is clear.

I have a friend (really, just a couple all told :) ) that will need to record a FTF w/o alerting the other party. What would be a good mic to recommend?

2. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

I've got an Olympus digital recorder that I use all the time. I use the stock stereo mic that it came with and just put it in my shirt pocket. I did play with the recording settings and set it to auditorium or something. It works great and no one has ever noticed it. If I'm really worried someone may notice it I put it in the chest pocket of my 5.11 shirt.

YMMV

3. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Take a look at this thread

But honestly, what works best for me for this type of recording is to simply slip the recorder into a front shirt pocket using the internal microphone, and button down the pocket flap (if it has one). I'm finding that the internal microphone on my little Sony is the most stealthy.

4. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

I use this one on my Memorex recorder. I typically wear polo type shirts and I clip the mic (concealed) between the buttons. It works pretty good and I like the ability to turn the mic off with the slide switch while leaving the recorder on.

Here's another option too.

5. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

All good choices to choose from - THANKS!