Good Gun Control Read

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by squeak12, Dec 26, 2010.

1. squeak12

squeak12 New Member

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

"The gun control agenda is based on the view that ordinary citizens cannot be trusted to use the physical power of arms responsibly. But a people that cannot be trused with guns cannot be trusted with the much more dangerous power of self-government. The gun control agenda is thus an implicit denial of the human capacity for self-government, and is tyrannical in principle." Dr. Alan Keyes, Presidential candidate, 2000.

I believe this says it all. Those that would deny a free, self-governed people the right to keep and bear arms are those that despise a self-governed people. In other words, they are tyrants.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Yes Sir! That just about wraps it up! He sure would make one amazing US President. I believe either of those last two sentences would make a great Sig Line. :D :righton:

Can anybody find where he actually said that quote? I'd hate to find another fictitious quote that sounded amazing, and then find out somebody else wrote it.

4. squeak12

squeak12 New Member

The gun control agenda is based on the view that ordinary citizens cannot be trusted to use the physical power of arms responsibly. But a people that cannot be trusted with guns cannot be trusted with the much more dangerous powers of self-government. The gun control agenda is thus an implicit denial of the human capacity for self-government and is tyrannical in principle.
    Source: Campaign website, www.alankeyes.com, “Issues†Oct 1, 2007

from

http://ontheissues.org/2008/Alan_Keyes_Gun_Control.htm

5. MyFred

MyFred Banned

Excuse my denseness, nut I need an explanation of "self- government"...I just don't see it...

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Self-Government, usually means a Republic. Such as our current form of government. Means that the people vote in representatives, to vote for them, on issues. Even though our current system has certainly become an oligarchy, for the most part, we still are considered a Constitutional Republic. This is one form of self-government.

I'm not really sure we can blame the politicians themselves for the oligarchy, but in a way we can, but we still must blame the people, that keep voting back in these idiots over and over again.

To be honest, we haven't learned out lesson yet, and I don't think America ever will.

7. MyFred

MyFred Banned

[quote="EJR914
    I'm not really sure we can blame the politicians themselves for the oligarchy, but in a way we can, but we still must blame the people, that keep voting back in these idiots over and over again.

To be honest, we haven't learned out lesson yet, and I don't think America ever will.[/quote]

That must be why I can't see it..huh

8. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

The classic Euro-model holds a particular group of people "elevated" over others. This group is called "royalty" and membership is typically hereditary. Part of their "elevated station" includes the entitlement to order the lives of others. Summarized, this is known as the "divine right of kings" and it is utterly, completely and wholly sickening and digusting.

:puke:

The current "socialized" version is known as "elitism" which says that "common everyday mortals" are too stupid or ignorant to make "big decisions" (or indeed any decision) or to even know what is in their best interests. It says the "momma and papa elites" know what is best and are therefore entitled to order the lives of others. It is just as utterly, completely and wholly sickening as the classic Euro-model.

:puke:

The American worldview correctly holds that, well... others have said it better than I ever could...

(Or am I just not seeing the [/sarcasm] tag?)

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Here's another way of looking at the "self-govenment" thing... The question of whether or not the TSA is needed or effective or worthwhile or desired -- this decision belongs to us, "We, the People", the ones being groped and violated and molested. We are the ones who are allegedly "being protected". It is in OUR name that these actions are being carried out.

The decision as to whether or not to allow it belongs to us. It does NOT belong to the TSA.

10. tony9mm

tony9mm New Member

WELL PUT. BUT NO DEMOCRY HAS EVER SUVIVED. ITS JUST A MSTTER OF TIME BEFORE THE CORRUPTION, WILL MAKE THIS GOVERNMENT SELF DISTRUCT. LOOK AT OUR HISTORY. WEVE KILLED ANY AND EVERYONE THAT WERE IN OUR WAY. WE EVEN STARTED A CIVIL WAS WITH BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER. WE'LL END UP DOING IT AGAIN. MURDER, CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION IS OUR HISTORY. AND IT ALWAYS STARTED THE SAME WAY. FREEDOM. FREEDOM FROM TYRANCY. ENGLAND, FRANCE, SPAIN, INDIANS, IT NEVER STOPS. JUST LASTS LONGER WITH EACH GOVERNMENT. THE3 GREED OF MEN IN POWER IS ALWAYS APPARANT. JUST LIKE YOU KNOW THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW.