Good encounter at local thrift store

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Kingfish, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

So, my wife and I are regular visitors to thrift stores.

We went to Humane Society of Forsyth County Thrift Store on Saturday. My wife is a regular there but was my first visit.

Guy that works there (volunteer) came up and said "that is cool" pointing at my OC Taurus. He said one of his fellow volunteers saw me come in and told him that "we need to do something about that". He told her that no they didn't and that it is a right as Americans to carry guns. I had a nice conversation with 2 of the guys there and went on with our shopping. While checking out the gentleman behind the counter said he was scared when I first walked in but then realized that he was glad a law abiding citizen was there with a firearm.

I was wearing shorts(I wear shorts anytime the temp is above 40°), a t-shirt and hiking boots. I have a scruffy beard and long unbrushed long hair.

2. ga_trucklvr

ga_trucklvr Member

Maybe it was the shorts that she felt they "should do something about"!!! :screwy:

It is January after all!!! :lol:

3. robfromga

robfromga New Member

Good God, cover up those knees man!

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Well there you have it... You're a criminal who's obviously bucking the trend that criminals always hide their guns.

Tada!

Did you press him for what he had in mind?

5. DogLeg

DogLeg New Member

Who would rob a thrift store? Nevermind, I'm sure it's happened before. :lol:

6. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

Don't know about robberies, but the Goodwill thrift store in Kennesaw has a major problem with shoplifters. I could understand stealing MONEY from a thrift store--they deal in cash mostly so the drawer is full---but....shoplifting a used piece of clothing that is for sale for two or three dollars anyway? :lol:

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I've heard of a Goodwill employee that was fired for stealing from the job. :shock:

8. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

I forgot to mention that the guy that seemed to be in charge said that "Everyone is welcome, except PETA people". I thought that was awesome. With PETA being no true friend to animals.

9. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

The two Goodwill donation centers near me - one on Cheshire Bridge Road and one on Roswell Road - both have big No Firearms Allowed signs (with the international 'no' sign; semi-auto in a red circle with big stripe through it). That ought to keep the thuglets away!

It works for me - I donate my stuff to the Atlanta Step-Up Society on Monroe drive instead. My H-K seems to be welcome there.