Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock 21 or XD45?

Which one should I get? They're the same price from my dealer, I like how both of them shoot, and they're similar in size and concealability.

How reliable is each? How much are additional mags?

Or should I just buy both?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Greetings,

I own a XD45 compact and I am very satisfied with it. Never had any feeding issue, I can carry with the 10 round mag and use the 13 rounds to shoot. The price for 13 rounds mags is decent (www.xdpistol.com) 23$

There is a lot of customs that fit that gun: sights, rods, springs and I read a guy bought some pieces and did pretty nice trigger job.

I got mine at 530$ + 50 ammo + 3 shooting sessions at the range with targets.

Moreover, people at xdtalk are as friendly than here.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I like my new Glock 21SF. It shoots great, mags are cheaper than XD mags and there's tons of accessories out there for it. I like the grip on the Glocks better than the XD's. YMMV so get the one that makes you happy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Glock 21 - I myself prefer a glock over just about any handgun.

But then again, it is your money and overall decision. I have heard a lot of good feedback on the XD though. But I'm a Glocker through and through.

If you have the money... buy both then send me the one you don't like! \:D/

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AV8R said:
XD .45

You thinking about the subcompact? Service? Tactical?
Service or tactical.

I want full-size.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Rammstein said:
hey legacy, if you can make it to the shoot....are you gonna bring that 21sf? BTW...pic or glock rail?
I don't own a 21SF, but I has shot all three versions of it. That's right, there is a third version with Glock rail and single side safety. I did just quasi-inherit a second generation 21 that feels better in the hand to me than a third generation version.

I doubt I'll make the shoot. I have to work on Saturday, and by the time I could get there it would be over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the opportunity to fire a few mags through the XD45 this weekend. Extremely smooth and dead straight. I am happy.

I will be buying one instead of the USP .45 Fullsize (Currently use a USP .45 Compact)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Greetings,

One thing about the XD that it took me some time to understand:

3 models :
- Tactical
- Service
- Subcompact

Those are the length of the barrel (5", 4", 3")

The subcompact is ONLY available in .40 and 9mm.

Then you have the compact model. This one is a Service with a short handle. You can have a 10 rounds magazine and a 13 rounds magazine with a sleeve you put at the end of it to fill up the gap and extend the grip. When you use the 13 rounds magazine, your compact model is like a service model.

You usually carry with the 10 rounds magazine with the 13 rounds magazine as a backup magazine.

I know here I am kickin the Glock crowd, but I really think XD is one step ahead of Glock with its XD line and 2 steps ahead with the compact line.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php

Thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.