Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts

Can I go first! :hardhead:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
Gee, it seems just a few years ago when he was proudly waving a shotgun for home defense and proclaiming "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!"
(Said to the bug alien protagonist in Men In Black)
(and then the bug alien replied: " Your proposal is accepted" and made a nice human suit out of his skin.)

Youtube: (Fast FWD to 50 seconds for just this line).

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
I wouldn't mind a government "buy back" at generous prices. Enough money to buy however many of the 10-round replacement mags you would need to replace each high-capacity mag you turn-in, PLUS $10 per magazine as a bonus for your time and trouble. Call it "shipping and handling" costs.

Oh, and regsitered machinegun owners should be able to own high-capacity mags without any buyback.
Kind of defeats the purpose of owning a bullet hose if you can only fire 10 rounds at a time.
In fact, let's let registered MG owners buy as many of those turned-in high capacity mags as we want. After y'all send 'em to Uncle Sam, let NFA dealers and MG owners fill up on 'em. Then let the rest get recycled into farm implements to be sent to some third-world country or whatever else the feds were going to do with them.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I wouldn't mind a government "buy back" at generous prices. Enough money to buy however many of the 10-round replacement mags you would need to replace each high-capacity mag you turn-in, PLUS $10 per magazine as a bonus for your time and trouble. Call it "shipping and handling" costs.
I've already looked. The 10 round mags for my pistol cost more than twice what my 16 round mags cost.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
gunsmoker said:

Oh, and regsitered machinegun owners should be able to own high-capacity mags without any buyback.
Kind of defeats the purpose of owning a bullet hose if you can only fire 10 rounds at a time.
In fact, let's let registered MG owners buy as many of those turned-in high capacity mags as we want. After y'all send 'em to Uncle Sam, let NFA dealers and MG owners fill up on 'em. Then let the rest get recycled into farm implements to be sent to some third-world country or whatever else the feds were going to do with them.
Why don't we just buy back all the weapons those mags fit while we're at it? In fact, why give MG owners a break, they can't have any mags over 10rds either. And why stop at 10, 7 is enough right? Or how bout 6? The whole issue of banning certain capacity mags is :screwy:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
I'm just saying that except for machineguns, I wouldn't miss 30 round mags all that much. I can defend myself pretty darn well with a 10-rounder in the gun and a few more in pouches on my belt.
For target shooting, plinking, hunting, and any other sporting purpose, 10 is enough.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I'm just saying that except for machineguns, I wouldn't miss 30 round mags all that much. I can defend myself pretty darn well with a 10-rounder in the gun and a few more in pouches on my belt.
For target shooting, plinking, hunting, and any other sporting purpose, 10 is enough.
I sincerely hope you're joking...

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Then you give yours up. No one is stopping you.

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
If anyone wants to get rid of drum mags for ar or ak firearms I'll take them. I need a drum magazine for the hello kitty plr-16 and the orange ak pistol needs one too.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,727 Posts
gunsmoker said:

The government couldn't offer me enough money for mine...unless it was enough to retire on. With that kind of dough, I'd sell you all out. :lol:

My CZ 9mm has no use for 10-rounders. It only likes 17-rnd Mec-Gars. You never know when you might be up against 3 or 4 armed bad guys. Having to reload in the middle of that kind of situation would not be cool.

·
Registered
165 Posts
During the Bush/Kerry election, Vincent D'Onofrio was known to harrass people on the set of his TV show about politics. He got so worked up about it that I think he actually assaulted someone and had to take some time off because of it.

Vincent D'Onofrio has demonstrated that he's unfit to own hi-cap magazines and the guns they go in. I'd be afraid to be around him and a grapefruit knife.

As it's been stated on several blogs, if you support a ban on magazines that hold more than say, 10 rounds, that means you also believe that 11 deaths are bad, 10 deaths not so much.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
:shock:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I had no idea that guy was a leftist fascist.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Maybe we need to get him and Gunny back together again for a little one on one consoling :lol:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
jdh31313 said:
Maybe we need to get him and Gunny back together again for a little one on one consoling :lol:
Minus the rifle and the full metal jacket. :p

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
gunsmoker said:

Are you serious? You really wouldn't mind that? :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts