going to Memphis

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by a_springfield, Dec 29, 2010.

1. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I am going to the Georgia game Friday. I looked up handgunlaw.us for Miss, Al, Ar, and Tn. The only main difference that I could find is that in Ar I must inform cop, and that in all of those states signs hold weight. Am I correct?

Also I can keep my gun locked in the vehicle while at the game. (if I do it will be locked in a box bolted in an other box bolted to the floor of the Jeep (I know not very hard to get into, that is why I have the double boxes))

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Yes, you can.

Also remember that if you carry where alcohol is served in TN that you can not consume while carrying.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Where in my hometown are you staying? If you suggestions for good food let me know.

4. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Arkansas you do not have to inform LE.

Below is a list of off limits places. Note the specific language of the sign law. FWIW, I have never seen a no gun sign, others have but they were not correctly worded. AR is not OC. ETA: You must have your permit on you and display it and another form of ID when demanded by a LEO. So, only when they ask to see it must you give it to them. Every LEO I have ever encountered here, either working with them, calling them or getting pulled over, don't really care if your carrying.

5. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Wow...Arkansas carry laws are about the same as Georgia carry laws pre-2008.