Going to a wedding in St. Augustine

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have to go to my wife's cousin's wedding in St. Augustine next weekend. It's decision time. Do I use a tuckable IWB holster and conceal my PPK, when there wil be "huggy" relatives around? Do I leave it locked in our hotel room while at the wedding? Do I leave it locked in the car in the historic area? Do I leave it at home in my safe, being unarmed all weekend? I can leave it the the cousin's gun safe, but I'm concerned that with everything going on she might put in, but not be there to get it out when I want it.

I'm leaning toward removing the mag, and using one of those cable locks that comes with a gun to lock it the pipes under the bathroom vanity.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

"tuckable IWB holster and conceal"

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I may try this weekend when my tux is back from the cleaners. The issue is I was 15lbs lighter when I bought it........

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

All good questions. I won't go unarmed all weekend. Fl gun laws are pretty good, few places off limits. "huggy" antis at the wedding. Not sure if my tux still fits well enough for IWB, I'll try when it comes back from the cleaner.

The bride is a Fed agent. I wonder if she'l have her Glock 22 and badge in a garter holster under her dress?

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Could you pocket carry the PPK in a coat pocket?

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Just gotta make sure your gun isn't seen.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Get rid of the witnesses and the evidence. :sly:

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Probably something along the lines of... "OMG HE'S GOT A GGGGUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!"

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I just don't want the idea that I carry to overshadow the ceremony. I have a tuckable IWB for my PPK. I think that it will fit in the waistband of my tux. If it fits, I'll use it and try to give "left arm" hugs.

And I still want to know if the bride will be packing under her dress.

10. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Inexpensive shoulder holster? Pocket holster? Kel-Tec paper clipped to the cumberbund?

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

12. tony218

tony218 New Member

W.W.B.D. ?

what would bond do?

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I deal with "huggy realitives" all the time. Hug with your left hand and drop your right elbow over the pistol butt. People wear so much stuff on their belts now that no one will notice the barrel of your PPK/s.

:idea: btw If you have a real PPK not a PPK/s it should fit in your pocket quite easily.

14. ber950

ber950 Active Member

There is a holster system to carry a PPK in your crotch. They sold them with Bond commemoritive PPK's :roll:

15. tony218

tony218 New Member

thats what i was thinking.
    ppk + tux = BOND, JAMES BOND