Going against the grain after Orlando shooting, LGBT group embraces guns

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lgbt-guns-pink-pistols-20200809-snap-story.html

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

More gay / lez / trans people should embrace gun rights. They are a minority group that is often targeted for violence.

3. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

I think, or at least I'd like to, that at our core most gun-rights people are big personal liberty supporters. I know I am, and would hope that most of the rest of you are.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I've noticed a huge surge in pro gun rights awareness in the gay male community and interesting enough some of them are voting for Donald Trump which is just kind of weird. The rest are voting for Gary Johnson.

5. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

Don't hold your breath

6. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

Yeah... I know...

7. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter to me what your plumbing is, what you want to call yourself, or how you get your jollies (as long is it only involves consenting adult humans), I support your human right to self defense. Anyone got a problem with that?

8. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Is this an example of how gun control advocates all of a sudden realize they created the atmosphere for a mass slaughter of defenseless victims and have an epiphany?

It has been my experience that the GLBTQ minority tend to vote for those who would strip away Constitutional Rights like the 2nd Amendment, but do not just stop there, they also strip away religious liberty as well.

9. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

That is almost completely because the GOP is seen as actively anti-gay and the dems pro-gay. Many are pro-gun, but that's further down their list of priorities.