GOA Life Member Running In Special Election For Congress

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Adam5, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

From the GOA.
    Does anyone here live in the 10th?

2. fallison

fallison New Member

I live in the 10th. I have supported Dr. Broun since he spoke at the annual meeting of the shooting club I belong to in April and voted for him in June. I have been trying to drum up support for him for the run-off since the election. It's uphill since Whitehead (the GOP establishment's chosen canidate) came close to winning outright the first time around but I'm not giving up hope.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I live in the 7th, but I keep getting campaign info on him. It's gotten pretty nasty between he and Whitehead. The NRA endorsed Whitehead, but GOA has endorsed Broun. Broun is a member of the Athens Rifle Club, but I've never met him.

4. fallison

fallison New Member

He was also president of the Georgia Sport Shooting Association (Georgia's state NRA affiliate) until he launched his campaign. I think the NRA endorsing Whitehead is just wrong. They see him as more likely to win, so to hell with what the canidates believe. Just have to be able to tell the members that the canidate we endorsed won.

5. wwomack

wwomack New Member

I'm definitely voting for Broun in the runoff. I don't really understand how the NRA comes up with their endorsements. Broun is the president of the state NRA affiliate organization and doesn't get it in favor of someone who isn't even a gun enthusiast. I wonder if it's not an anti-GOA sentiment in the NRA offices that partially caused it.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Neither he nor GSSA supported what NRA did last year in the General Assembly with HB 89 (first hand knowledge). I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It could be just coincidence.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... 4475#54475

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

We need to elect more of those.

9. fallison

fallison New Member

Well I guess that explains the NRA not endorsing him since yhey are on record as supporting the clearly unconstitutional NFA.