Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Creativity and classlessness are two different things.
+5. Hey, all those Miami shenanigans from the past few years only resulted in 15 yard penalties and maybe a few ejections, but it fired them up, right? If Auburn tears down your goal posts (or dances around on your logo, or smokes cigars on your field), but sends you a check, it's Ok, they were just expressing their emotions. I'm sure the Auburn player that chopped the hell out of Dorsey last week was just scared.

If you, as a coach, can't get your team fired up for a perennial rivalry game, or you need help figuring out how hard you want to play in the Iron Bowl, there's just no helping you.

When was the last time you saw a classic power pull that crap? Has Spurrier ever instructed his team to act in a manner to get that sort of penalty?

Congrats, you've sunk below where Spurrier ever went. At least he kept his contempt for LSU limited to the scoreboard.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Hey, all those Miami shenanigans from the past few years only resulted in 15 yard penalties and maybe a few ejections, but it fired them up, right?
Joe, there's no way in the world anyone could or should equate what Miami did (beating opponents with helmets in hand and kicking downed players in the face) with the celebration UGA did. SHAME ON YOU! :oops: :oops: You know better.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Would you make that call at a junior high game? A high school state championship game? Without feeling ashamed? You can't give whiskey and car keys to teenage boys and later claim you only told them to back down the driveway, not go joyriding.

It's not easy to figure which Miami incident I was talking about, huh ;) ?
Miami tends to come closest to a coach being directly responsible through negligence for the illegal or distasteful activities of the players. Bowden never told anyone to get their free clothes.

Some of my extreme annoyance comes from what I've heard (and witnessed) for the past fifteen years about the "classlessness" of teams, in particular Tuberville's Auburn and Spurrier's Florida. Not even Tennessee fans, if you exclude the fat pumpkin, complain about those teams as much as Georgia fans have.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I guess we're all entitled to view this display of emotion through whatever rose or smoke colored glasses we choose to be wearing. But, not even the staunchest enemy of a football team could or should cast the same shadow over the criminal beating of players by Miami and the harmless celebration of UGA.

I respect everyone's right to define their own tolerance for right vs. wrong, good vs. evil, illegal vs. distasteful and class vs. no class. But, I reserve the right to respectfully disagree.

Would you make that call at a junior high game? A high school state championship game? Without feeling ashamed?
Absolutely. Definitely. Positively.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I thought the celebration was very well done, and the chilling effect that it had on Florida and the Fans was very visible, but I was shaking my head when I saw Richt's $h!t eating-grin. I turned to my buddy and asked him "Wasn't he kicking players off the field a few weeks ago for something like that?"

then again, it is Georgia vs Florida. :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yep, situationally dependent condemnation and interpretation, just like with the Bill of Rights and "Shall issue!" :lol:

41 - 46 of 46 Posts