1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
At a quick glance, I thought it said Go Back to Land Mines. But either way, lines or mines could certainly have their place.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I had a coworker come down with a sudden brain tumor that brought him from healthy to dead in months. He was in sales and was always on his phone. After that a lot more folks in the company started using Bluetooth or speaker phone while working all day, and a lot more phone calls turned into emails. No family history of cancer, no other health issues. Just had a phone glued to his ear daily for nearly 20 years. Us millennials get crap for preferring text to phone calls but I don't see any thumb cancer risk getting reported.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Us millennials get crap for preferring text to phone calls
You also don't get my business if you happen to be in a service that I'm in need of and looking to pay and you want to text.
With that said I get your point. I'm convinced too much time on those things are dangerous.
You still ain't getting My business.😁

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You also don't get my business if you happen to be in a service that I'm in need of and looking to pay and you want to text.
With that said I get your point. I'm convinced too much time on those things are dangerous.
You still ain't getting My business.😁
See if I have to call someone to give them business I won't do it unless there is no alternative. I don't want a sales pitch, I don't want your empty small talk. Text or email me the price, availability, and what's included. That's all the info I need. I also will not order food over the phone and trust some idiot to write it down correctly. I want full control of the order entry with online or app ordering.

I will not answer a phone call unless I know who it is. I get about 3-5 scam and spam calls every day.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
See if I have to call someone to give them business I won't do it unless there is no alternative. I don't want a sales pitch, I don't want your empty small talk. Text or email me the price, availability, and what's included. That's all the info I need. I also will not order food over the phone and trust some idiot to write it down correctly. I want full control of the order entry with online or app ordering.

I will not answer a phone call unless I know who it is. I get about 3-5 scam and spam calls every day.
This. If I am looking for a quote, I already emailed a 3-page statement of work. Calling me to talk sportsball* or up sell me on dyna-duraply-super-plus-six-thousand for the roof/car/dog isn’t productive.

If I have to call a phone number to purchase a product, I’m 1,000% sure that either the shipping address goes in wrong or my credit card number does.

*Any business transaction involving “my team” is an indicator that this will be the highest bid with the least references.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

Can we just agree that we are from different centuries on the text thing.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Can we just agree that we are from different centuries on the text thing.
I used to hate texting until I realized that it allowed me to communicate all day with multiple people while still accomplishing whatever else I needed to do. I can't jabber on the phone for hours and do anything else. I can send a text every so often and carry a conversation on all day while I'm free to do whatever else I want.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I hated the very idea of texting until I finally bit the bullet and started doing it... but I never much liked talking on the phone, anyway.

I always preferred to use the phone to agree on a time and a place, and then meet someone to speak in person.

The only person I really talk to on the phone these days is my octogenarian Dad, who himself refuses to email or text, preferring to live in a non-digital world (which I can understand.)

I got him an iPad Pro for Christmas and he returned in a few days later. Just didn't "take".

As for cell phones, I don't even carry mine in a pocket. I don't need an antenna that near my skin. Just the biophysicist in me being a bit skittish, perhaps. Mine goes in a bag or glovebox.

DH

·
Senior Mumbler
6,523 Posts
I remember back when Cell Phones were taking off there were a few lawsuits claiming they caused brain cancer and the doctors and scientist back then said it was hogwash.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I remember back when Cell Phones were taking off there were a few lawsuits claiming they caused brain cancer and the doctors and scientist back then said it was hogwash.
Probably some of the same bunch we are dealing with now.

Reactions: blind_shake

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
If cell phones cause cancer then as an engineer for wireless providers building cell towers for 15 years I should be dead. Lol

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No you just glow in the dark. You get enough radiation that it kills the cancer cells it creates. But you may grow a 3rd foot out your ear.

Nemo

·
Cross-drawer
7,226 Posts
We should go back to pagers. At least with those you could make any day better by putting it on vibrate, dropping it down the front of your pants and repeatedly calling yourself.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
We should go back to pagers. At least with those you could make any day better by putting it on vibrate, dropping it down the front of your pants and repeatedly calling yourself.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Way too much distracting on both ends.

Nemo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts