Go ahead & revoke my Adict status...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Tinkerhell, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Work finally blocked GCO. Guess I won't be staying on top of things much now...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:( What about if you use one of those URL masking things (like tiny url?)...well, nevermind..i guess all the subsequent links (as well as pics, etc.) will be screwed still.

3. Claire

Claire New Member

the forum has an RSS feed
    can you read in RSS feeds into your mail reader at work?

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I wonder if they blocked the ip address or just the domain name? There is more than one domain name that points here.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It doesn't like loging into the forum, but you can read it all you want.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome. I only read the forums from home, but this definitely could prove useful one time or another.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

have no fear! proxy browsing is here!

http://xerobank.com/xB_browser.html

put the app on a usb drive and your boss (and more importantly IT) will never be the wiser.

It opens up a Tor circuit and all your data is channeled out of the country on anonymous servers.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean GPDO?

10. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Proxy server FTW!!!!

11. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Very cool! I am glad I don't have to worry about using anything like that though.

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Yeah I mean GPDO. :p

I (and others) have tried all kinds of stuff to get around our filters - proxy and other things. They don't work. I've not seen the ting Ramm posted, I'll check it out & see what it is & if it'll do any good.

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

MWahahahaha. Let's see how long it takes before this domain name gets picked up! THANK YOU GS!

(and for the note I can log in & post!!)

*edit*

Actually I take that back. For some reason I can now get to the normal GPDO site. REALLY weird. I can' believe that someone in the ISD group here would "un-revoke" the site. I wonder what's going on... Hmmmmm.

14. budder

Maybe one of your BOFHs joined GPDO/GCO!

15. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I think I have been blocked from work as of Friday too. I was on from work earlier in the day but after lunch I was blocked. I was also blocked from the other forums I have my PX4 posted on. I tried each of them to see if there were any hits and none worked. I will try again on Monday and if I can't get on I will try the http://www.allytv.net/ domain name.

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I always knew butter and Ramm were sneaky little :censored: s, their posts under this topic just confirms it! :ninja:

Completely!!! 8)

I hereby acknowledge their superior guile, deceitfulness, cunning and duplicitous sneakiness......

:bowdown:

Henceforth, in their presence, I most definitely will keep my hand on my wallet!!!

:surrender:

17. budder

But we already have your credit card numbers and bank PINs.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Exactly...we got it when you sent your unencrypted data over an unsecured line.

all your credit cards are belong to us.