Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range and the guy next to me was shooting a 10mm Glock. He was having light primer strikes every few rounds. He mentioned that this happened even more with the stock springs.

One of the ejected casings fell on my neck and went down into the back of my shirt. Ouch :(

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
tace said:
I was at the range and the guy next to me was shooting a 10mm Glock. He was having light primer strikes every few rounds. He mentioned that this happened even more with the stock springs.

One of the ejected casings fell on my neck and went down into the back of my shirt. Ouch :(
I have experienced this twice with my G23. These were within the past few months. To date, I've put 2-3K rounds thru the weapon w/out failure, in 1 year's time... was verrrrry chilling when it happened.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've had it happen once. Shooting wolf ammo in my G21, I chock it up to hard primers.

(Not saying that's the case here though)

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Did you happen to check his ammo? You can get light ammo strikes if you attempt to shoot .40 S&W in a 10mm.

If he is getting light strikes I would send the gun back to Glock.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I shoot Winchester 165gr FMJ (100 count packs, Wal Mart) for target.

For defense (and the occasional box for training) I use Cor Bon 135gr JHP.

Both failurs were light strikes on the primer... both with the Winchester rounds.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ber950 said:
Did you happen to check his ammo? You can get light ammo strikes if you attempt to shoot .40 S&W in a 10mm.

If he is getting light strikes I would send the gun back to Glock.
He was shooting JHP 10mms, not .40 S&Ws. He said he tried different ammo.

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
hell, if worried just take it to Smyrna and have them look at it.

While-U-Wait Service at the Glock HQ. Totally sweet.

I stopped counting the rounds through my Glock fo'ty at around 2500 ,and that was even before I got the 9mm barrel and the 33 rd mags..... its gotta be near 4000 now easily. Never a problem, except a few cases that get stuck on ejection but its a 40sw gun shooting 9mm, so i figure that should be expected every once and a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts