Glock question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tinkerhell, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Anyone have any experience with the compensated vs non-compensated versions of the various glock models? I'm shopping for a G19 and am curious about the 19c and looking for knowledgable opinions.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Well, since you're looking at the 19, I imagine this is something you'd want to carry, right? I would stay away from compensated guns for carry, just because they'll kill your night vision as soon as you start shooting. I believe most shoots happen at night, too.

Also, people will make fun of you at the range ;)

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Negative.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... did=506401

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Thanks guys. I kinda had that assumption but it's always nice to confirm.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The compensated models are much louder, especially in any type of enclosed shooting area. To each is own, but I wouldn't want one as a carry gun.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's A Semi Auto and Revolver!!!

Opps sorry , I hit the wrong button. :oops:

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

good explanation and very easy to understand, thanks Ramm.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

23c

I just sold my Glock 23c to my brother over the weekend. He had been after me to sell it to him for a while - at a reduced cost of course. But I loved my "C" model. I never had any night blindness from firing. The only thing I can tell you to do is fire the same model in "C" and non "C" versions. You can tell a difference in the amount of recoil & therefore accuracy on repetitive shots. I don't have a clue why anyone would say don't make a "C" version a carry gun. jmo

9. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

definitely there is less recoil with the compensated models... I've shot the 20 vs. 20C, (damn 10mm is a cool round but pricey)

and now the 17, 19, and recently I got an extended, ported Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for my model 22 --- hardly any recoil at all!

I seriously doubt the "you'll go blind at night" thing is very true. Maybe if you emptied the whole mag with your eyes open.

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Ahh, no worries then. I always make sure I close my eyes when I feel the need to empty the mag. :shock:

:lol: :lol:

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I haven't shot a c model but the recoil in the 19 is soft enough that I don't think I need a c

12. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

I have a Glock 20 C...10mm. It's fun to shoot (lessens the recoil, but the reg 10mm isn't that bad either) and I have no problem shooting it in low light. As far as carry and more play time, it's the 19 that I use. You should remember two things:

1. If you have to shoot from a retained position (i.e. gun in close to your body) you might run the risk of burning yourself.

2. You can always by either a factory barrel or a higher end barrel that isn't ported and have both options available to you. That's why I bought the 'C' model...except I haven't gotten around to buy the other barrel. Of course, I want the six inch barrel to hunt bambi and hog with...but that's another story.

With a 19...I wouldn't worry about it...just have a proper grip.