Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the compensated vs non-compensated versions of the various glock models? I'm shopping for a G19 and am curious about the 19c and looking for knowledgable opinions.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
Well, since you're looking at the 19, I imagine this is something you'd want to carry, right? I would stay away from compensated guns for carry, just because they'll kill your night vision as soon as you start shooting. I believe most shoots happen at night, too.

Also, people will make fun of you at the range ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
budder said:
Well, since you're looking at the 19, I imagine this is something you'd want to carry, right? I would stay away from compensated guns for carry, just because they'll kill your night vision as soon as you start shooting. I believe most shoots happen at night, too.

Also, people will make fun of you at the range ;)
Negative.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... did=506401
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
The compensated models are much louder, especially in any type of enclosed shooting area. To each is own, but I wouldn't want one as a carry gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,981 Posts
Rammstein said:
budder said:
Well, since you're looking at the 19, I imagine this is something you'd want to carry, right? I would stay away from compensated guns for carry, just because they'll kill your night vision as soon as you start shooting. I believe most shoots happen at night, too.

Also, people will make fun of you at the range ;)
Negative.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... did=506401
good explanation and very easy to understand, thanks Ramm.
 
G

·
23c

I just sold my Glock 23c to my brother over the weekend. He had been after me to sell it to him for a while - at a reduced cost of course. But I loved my "C" model. I never had any night blindness from firing. The only thing I can tell you to do is fire the same model in "C" and non "C" versions. You can tell a difference in the amount of recoil & therefore accuracy on repetitive shots. I don't have a clue why anyone would say don't make a "C" version a carry gun. jmo
 

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
Joined
·
585 Posts
definitely there is less recoil with the compensated models... I've shot the 20 vs. 20C, (damn 10mm is a cool round but pricey)

and now the 17, 19, and recently I got an extended, ported Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for my model 22 --- hardly any recoil at all!

I seriously doubt the "you'll go blind at night" thing is very true. Maybe if you emptied the whole mag with your eyes open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jp233 said:
Maybe if you emptied the whole mag with your eyes open.
Ahh, no worries then. I always make sure I close my eyes when I feel the need to empty the mag. :shock:

:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
I have a Glock 20 C...10mm. It's fun to shoot (lessens the recoil, but the reg 10mm isn't that bad either) and I have no problem shooting it in low light. As far as carry and more play time, it's the 19 that I use. You should remember two things:

1. If you have to shoot from a retained position (i.e. gun in close to your body) you might run the risk of burning yourself.

2. You can always by either a factory barrel or a higher end barrel that isn't ported and have both options available to you. That's why I bought the 'C' model...except I haven't gotten around to buy the other barrel. Of course, I want the six inch barrel to hunt bambi and hog with...but that's another story.

With a 19...I wouldn't worry about it...just have a proper grip.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top